ESP Eclipse Standard Hardware - Help!

Saiko

Reaction score
Hey guys, having an issue with my ESP Eclipse Standard, Japan 4-knob version with the full horn if that makes a difference. I went to replace the hardware with Tonepros hardware and the bridge tailpiece holes are too large for the bushings to fit. I purchased the metric tailpiece which I thought would be a direct retrofit for an ESP but the bushings holes in the body are quite a bit bigger than the bushings that came with the new tailpiece. I am guessing the Gotoh bushings that came in the guitar have a larger diameter so what tailpiece/bushings would I need to get as a direct retrofit? If at all possible, I would like to still use the Tonepros tailpiece even if I need to get different/conversion bushings. I thought the Gotoh and Tonepros tailpieces used the same sized bushings, unless ESP was using standard instead of metric at this time, so this kinda has me confused as to what sized bushings I need. Anyone have any ideas on this?

EDIT: The guitar is from 2004 I believe if this helps. (Serial starts in SS04)

gtr-tek

Fumble Fingers
Reaction score
Are the studs a different thread and size too? Perhaps the bushings don't need to be swapped.

Saiko

Reaction score
Accidentally, I thew away the old bushings. To be fair, the threads were stripped on one of them which was part of the reason I was replacing the tailpiece, I couldn't screw or unscrew the post. (Threw them in a box and the box got thrown away)

Interestingly enough, I have found that my bushings from an old Gibson LP Tailpiece appear to fit the guitar, although I did not push the bushings all the way in. I did not buy the guitar new but the owner said it was all original and the bridge is your usual metric Gotoh. Any reason for ESP to use a standard tailpiece like that? I am now wondering if I order some Tonepros standard posts/bushings, will they be a direct fit for a standard tailpiece in which case I can get the standard posts and use the tailpiece I got with the metric set and save a few bucks. I don't know why Tonepros does not list measurements or specs on their site!

JonMan94

Reaction score
it was a 2004, they didnt start putting on the tonepros until later...

pictures or it didnt happen.

Saiko

Reaction score
it was a 2004, they didnt start putting on the tonepros until later...

pictures or it didnt happen.
Original hardware is Gotoh, I am replacing it with Tonepros.

Nays

Reaction score
Are you switching to Tonepros because of the locking hardware? Because as I understand it, Tonepros is just Gotoh hardware with the locking feature.

Saiko

Reaction score
I am choosing Tonepros because of the locking, yes. But I am replacing the bridge because the threads in one of the posts/bushings got messed up on the old one. (Not sure how)

Latest Threads