ESP Eclipse and Navigator?

apocalypsebob

Reaction score
I don't have an ESP but i have an LTD EC-1000. Unless the ESP models are completely different, i don't think ESP was trying to make a LP clone with this model. It doesn't feel or sound anything like a Gibson LP.
The Navigators will probably be much more in the direction of the vintage LP's.

the ESPs are actually quite different, the esp is 22 fret while the ltd is 24 and the build quality on the esp is much much better than the ltd, not saying the the ltd is poor quality but the fit and finish of ESP guitars is really hard to be rivaled these days you won't find a dud which can't be said about most brands including gibson

also everywhere aside from the the US you can get the full thickness models which are relatively the same specs as a les paul, but due to lawsuits US models are different, skinny bodies 3 knobs and no pick guard option (rare but they do exist)

I just bought a USA version of the eclipse II and honestly it is the best guitar I have ever played hands down, I've played or own every major brand out there and this thing is just amazing. I was going to import a European one because i like the 4 knob layout but I couldn't justify the extra money for 1 more knob

The thin body is actually rather comfortable, I don't see it as a con and it isn't all that thin when compared to any guitar that isn't a LP, but I will say my ECII is way lighter than I expected

my eclipse

ngd3.jpg

ngd2.jpg

SkyNet3D

Reaction score
the ESPs are actually quite different, the esp is 22 fret while the ltd is 24 and the build quality on the esp is much much better than the ltd, not saying the the ltd is poor quality but the fit and finish of ESP guitars is really hard to be rivaled these days you won't find a dud which can't be said about most brands including gibson(...)

I didn't mean to compare quality. The full thickness Eclipses are probably closer to the Les Paul feel and sound, but the thinner ones, are obviously very different guitars, and i don't mean in a bad way.

whateverlikesgadge

Reaction score
I played a navigator while I lived in the states the music shop was asking as much as a gibson std so I was put off. But if I knew then what I know now I would have put a deposit down. If you can find one for a decent price I would forget about the esp eclipse all together. What you think is cool now you may feel a total prat playing in 10 years time.

ozone_00

Reaction score
Fit and finish (of the ESP versions) rival the quality of the Gibson models.

The 3 knob versions are for the US and North American versions. 4 knob versions, and versions that are full LP thickness aren't available here. The previous owner had it imported from Australia.

I've been told that the Navigator models are superior to even the Historic Reissue Gibson Les Pauls, though I have no hands-on experience to confirm or deny that.

Did you have to pay a customs duty/import terrif on that? Since my last post I've found a few online guitar shops in the UK with better prices than I was finding on eBay, they also had flame tops and plain tops, not just CTMs. I'd been Eyeing a Traditional Pro but may end up getting one of these instead.

Latest Threads