ES335 Jnr - thoughts?

Atmospherium

Reaction score
I'm planning a build - or rather, more like a kit build. It's going to be a ES-335 semi meets Les Paul Jnr: One dogear P90, wraparound bridge, 1 x vol and 1 x tone. The picture is a basic mock-up.

I know where I can source the body and neck blank - no routing for pickups, holes for bridge and controls not drilled, I'll do all these myself.

I'm thinking the sound should be like a mellower, woodier LP Junior - or maybe a brighter, bitey-er 335?

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts about my idea. Also I'm looking for advice on mounting the dogear P90. As the top of the guitar is arched, it won't just sit like on a flat-top. How do Gibson do this on their P90-equipped semis? I have seen P90 dogear covers with curved bottoms, to sit on the top of the guitar while the guts of the P90 appear to just fit inside the standard P90 rout.

Attachments

• 335 Junior.png
    335 Junior.png
    125.7 KB · Views: 81

Al Walker

Reaction score
Can't answer any of your questions,But, I LIKE IT!

deadlyweasel

Reaction score
Damn. I think I'm in love!!!!! Any chance you would share the source for unrouted kits? I would love one!

Atmospherium

Reaction score
I'm living in Beijing and this a domestic shopping website, so I'm not sure if this will be much help to you but...

https://world.taobao.com/item/54552...a1z10.5-c.w4002-14387247082.31.2f669dfbKiVEdD

This is a guitar factory and they can customise their products, so I'm looking at a blank ES335. Ive got a couple of other projects in mind, and I plan to get semi-finished items direct from the factory and do the finishing touches myself to my specifications.

Latest Threads