Eq Pedal

AcousticBoom

Reaction score
I have an old Gibson Thor bass amp that I picked up. It sounds OK, but there's something "off" about the sound. It sounds to me like the mids aren't quite there. If i'm using a distortion pedal (a rocktron silver dragon to be exact) the tone i get is great. It's the cleans that I have a problem with. So I decided to start looking at eq pedals.

I saw the fish and chips is pretty cheap ($27 from MF), but these pedals in general can get upwards of $100. If it's just an eq pedal, what am I getting for my money? I mean the boss eq has the same number of bands as the fish and chips but it's $72 more!

Just wonder what everyone here uses and why. Thanks!

Schrodinger's Cat

Reaction score
I've been looking at EQ pedals for a while, since I'm planning to get one eventually. I think the Fish & Chips is a good buy... it's what I would get if I were to get an EQ pedal. From what I've found so far, the Boss EQ is pretty much the same, except the case is metal/more durable. The Fish & Chips is plastic...

I think another good EQ pedal to check out is the MXR 6 band or MXR 10 band EQ.

Mattdive

Reaction score
I had a boss eq years ago. I now have a Rogue eq pedal. Basically, it does the same thing. It's a good solid build and is relatively quiet. Got it on ebay for less than $20 (with shipping).
MXR eqs sound good, but can be noisy (and expensive).
If spending $100 on an eq pedal, why not just buy a rack eq?

Latest Threads