Epiphones Getting Gibson Headstock Designs Soon

Hogie34

Reaction score
Will there be a 20% price increase coming in March?
Being able to preorder now, the prices don’t look like they’ve gone up. Hell, the Bonamassa Norm Burst thing is $699.00 with case and all that goes with it. So for now any ways, it looks like the prices aren’t going to go crazy.

moreles

Reaction score
Everyone who likes the existing Epi headstock, or doesn't care, will soon have thousands of used options that hit the market when buyers go for the better-looking Gibson one. After all, the guitars are Gibson copies. For those who dump on others for whom headstock shape is something of an issue, consider the simple fact that buyers have choice, and given choice, would, could, and should select something better over something worse. I've never heard anybody post that headstock shape was world-changingly important. It's just that they would rather have the good-looking one than the ugly one. I don't lose sleep over the Heritage and Epi headstocks; I've always just looked at them and thought, "wow -- they didn't try very hard, did they?" The new Epi headstocks make it clear that it was always easy to make a Gibson-like, but non Gibson-identical headstock, and now they are.

jordans0nly

Reaction score
I like both, but really thinking of selling two guitars to get the new Custom Pro Lite that zzounds and AMS have, nice to see it's finally came to the US.

flamesarewicked

Reaction score
Looks like Music Zoo has some models and info available for pre-order.. looks like the custom LP will have an ebony board and the rest will sport Indian laurel...

Cardinalcomb

Reaction score
Looks like Music Zoo has some models and info available for pre-order.. looks like the custom LP will have an ebony board and the rest will sport Indian laurel...

Uhhhhggghhh. No more rosewood on epiphones? Me no likey. I don't see any flamed maple tops there either. Maybe the flamed maple ones will have a rosewood board.

GerryL98

Reaction score
How's AMS or Zzounds on discounts? What are the chances of getting some sort of discount on a pre-order? Except for the very first guitar that I bought when I was a kid and didn't know any better, I've never paid full retail on a new guitar or amp.

JayPDizzle

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Gibson Standard '50s. Would be very interesting to compare with the Epiphone model! Love the look of the Yellow Special and the SG Standard.

fry

Reaction score
I think this new stuff is awesome, a great new era for them. These guitars at these prices are kind of a game changer.

Pappy58

Reaction score
The headstocks still look more Epi than Gibby to me. And made in china is still made in china! No Tanks!

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Super Mod
Reaction score
Feck Gibson and China! I buy used Made in USA Gibsons...and unless a spectactular old Gibby is offered I'm done. Happy and content with what I have. Sending money to China is feed ing a monster that has long term plans to assimilate the world.
Certainly can't say nothing, thats impossible with the sellouts our corporations and politicians have executed the last 30 years! But I do go outta my way to avoid anything made there. Look at Hong Kong right now and their actions in the south China Sea. ! :mad2:
Gibsons should stay a unique design and made in USA only, imho. And no Chinese and Indo Epi's are not close to Gibson's. They're finished in Poly and have cheap electronics, multi piece bodies, etc.... not to mention they are MADE IN CHINA. If Gibson starts branding chines instruments as Gibsons with Gibson headstocks they might as well close down the Nashville factory and just keep the Custom shop there, which is where this seems to be going. Fender got away with it, and diluted the brand in the process. Unfortunately you now can't trust where any Fender Stratocaster was built and with what components or what quality without having to inspect it closely, track serial numbers and other due diligence. One thing Henry maintained was a Gibson is a USA instrument with unique features and challenged all copy cats. If these new dudes go the Fender route, I'll just say I think it's Pitiful! Flame Away! I'll show you my worried look!
I would this post apart, but dont wish to go to the penalty box. ...so I'll just politely disagree! :mad2:
Whatever rubs your rhubarb! :laugh2:
Maybe this section of the forum is not suited for you

gladiator-epi.jpg