Epiphones Getting Gibson Headstock Designs Soon

wildhawk1

Reaction score
With a declining market share I've been saying for a long time build Gibsons at the China factory they own and leave a custom shop in Nashville.

Many laughed.

Well....

There's no question Epiphone quality has increased and they offer some high caliber guitars these days.

Now comes this news tidbit.

"Having spent much of 2019 overhauling and improving the company’s USA-made core line, we don’t yet know when Gibson will turn its attention to its ever-popular budget brand Epiphone, but an Instagram post from the company’s CMO Cesar Gueikian has hinted that big changes might be afoot for its most popular electric guitars. "

https://guitar.com/news/industry-news/gibsons-next-epiphone-guitars-could-look-significantly-different/

Attachments

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
I really don't get all the hate on the Epi headstock.

I've looked at the Epi. I've looked at the Gibson.
Hell, I've looked at Ibanez and . . .

I don't get chills or excited about any, nor do I gasp and go into convulsions after seeing any.

Is the headstock thing a fetish, like OVER liking or have a fixation on feet?
That's the only logical conclusion I have come to.
Some people have headstock fetishes.

Edit: Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Reaction score
I am into this news. I never liked the Epiphone headstock design. You take the Gibson open book, then cut the corners off the book! If they keep the corners but still kind of do their own thing, I think more people will buy Epiphones.

Mockbel

Reaction score
Although I have 2 Gibsons in my collection... it is still very expensive guitars here in Egypt... The headstock of the Epi is a main reason why I never consider them... of course a Gibson headstock would make the Epi more desired

Last edited:

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Super Mod
Reaction score
I think they can eliminate a lot of the market for Chibson Les Pauls if they just put the headstock right and get them in people's hands for $350 or less.
why should they sell 'them cheaper than Fake Chibsons... :rofl:

wildhawk1

Reaction score
Maybe the dinosaur in Nashville realizes its time to leverage their designs and hopefully their name someday offshore like the other manufacturers have.

greens

Reaction score
Most Chibsons are a lot less than that, including many that are Epiphone quality or better. To say nothing of other legit brands.

lpfan1980

Reaction score
I own an Indonesian Epi Standard which is an excellent guitar I own a Gibson LP GT which is an excellent guitar . But hey if a Gibson like headstock gets more people to like Epis im cool with it.

BadPenguin

Reaction score
I don't get the headstock haters. Do you constantly look at the headstock while playing, and shudder, causing you to blow notes in front of an audience? Come on, it's a headstock. It's purpose is to hold the tuners. Get over it. (Unless it's a wangcaster. then hold your head in shame for even owning one.)