Which Epiphone?

• Epiphone Les Paul Tribute Plus Midnight Ebony

Votes: 55 87.3%
  • Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro Trans Black

Votes: 8 12.7%

• Total voters

houston

Reaction score
but am settling for a Custom Pro in Wine Red. Not too sure about the gold hardware, it will grow on me I think
Strictly subjective, but gold is the way to go with wine or black cherry (is there a difference?), imo. Chrome/nickel with regular (bright) cherry.

Are you sure? I've heard some horrible stuff about gold hardware.
Such as...? Just that it can wear off eventually, or something more sinister?

Epi rocks

Reaction score
Not much of a debate really. The T+ is as close as you'll get to a Gibson LP Traditional. The T+ is the Epiphone version in my opinion. She comes with a hardcase too so......you can't go wrong.

Just go and get one!!! :slash: :jam::rock:

...and don't forget to post lotsa pics!!! :thumb:

SJM

Epi Elitist Freak
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Not much of a debate really. The T+ is as close as you'll get to a Gibson LP Traditional. The T+ is the Epiphone version in my opinion. She comes with a hardcase too so......you can't go wrong.

Right on and having both I can tell you these two guitars sound very much alike. Take the series/parallel feature out of the mix and I def share your opinion Paul. :thumb:

TheAce93

Reaction score
There are two things wrong with that poll.

- There is no Epiphone Les Paul Tribute Plus Vintage Sunburst option.
- There is no rats ass option.

:cool:

Dr. Pain

Reaction score
Go the Trib +.

I read an opinion on the Epi site someone wrote about a Trib + and they said it wasn't any better or worse than their Gibson Les Paul 2008 but different and different in a good way. The tone it offered was every bit as good. After reading that I hunted one down. Best thing I did. :)

FingerLakesFan

Reaction score
It isn't even close - seriously! The Tribute + is the best value in guitars on earth. You gotta look at the Faded Cherry and the Sunburst on those. Good luck!

Bristol Posse

Reaction score
Whether a guitar has a pick guard shouldn't be the deciding factor unless the guitars are identical in every other way.

Either guitar can get the job done, buy the one that fits you best and that works with your budget

Pickguards are easy to add or remove

bameroncerry

Reaction score
Go the Trib +.

I read an opinion on the Epi site someone wrote about a Trib + and they said it wasn't any better or worse than their Gibson Les Paul 2008 but different and different in a good way. The tone it offered was every bit as good. After reading that I hunted one down. Best thing I did. :)

It depends what kind of Gibson Les Paul-- the Studio may not be as great as the Epi T+ in terms of sound quality, but the Gib LP Deluxe models are on a whole other league than any Epiphone LP IMO.

In any case, it all depends on the feel and preference of the guitar and sound. I'm content with my 2010 Standard Plain Top... :'(

infield13

Reaction score
I normally play without one, then after receiving my '89 decided black looked better than 'faux' white...

jordans0nly

Reaction score
Would be sweet if they made a T+ in some sort of Custom fashion.

Unsung Heroes

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
I normally play without one, then after receiving my '89 decided black looked better than 'faux' white...

Bikini tan!
laughing.gif

thumbsup.gif

Latest Threads