Jewel the Sapphire

Reaction score
Picked this up about 9 weeks ago, I had been lusting after one of these for a long time... I had a feeling to check out facebook marketplace because I had some extra cash and saw it first. This one popped up for sale like 15 minutes before I found the listing and had attracted multiple buyers, so I went cash in hand same day to check it out and left with it happily.

20200403_200736.jpg
20200403_200914.jpg

Jewel the Sapphire

Reaction score
Those things are wicked, you get a trem arm with it or no? Trem and posts still intact completely?

Sadly the trem arm was not in the chainsaw case, the posts are bent outta shape I believe. So right now the bridge is too far forward to intonate properly because of those.

It is all original and weighs as much if not more than a LP. When I first unlocked the bridge it went forward and flat out of tune, so it will need the "steel posts" mod. After reading about them the guitar should stay in tune with the bridge locked or unlocked-- and it should not shift (unless the trem arm is used) with its spring tensioner mechanism dialed in and posts vertical.

20200404_103100_HDR.jpg

Screenshot_20200403-212614.png

Attachments

• Steinberger_KB_Trem_06_EN_small (1).pdf
    841.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Jewel the Sapphire

Reaction score
Yeah the posts are a must fix, the spring tensioner should be more effective at lowering the height of the floating bridge but the front posts being bent allow it to kick up in the back too much to set it up proper. I just put it back into locked position until I get the shit together that it needs.

Jewel the Sapphire

Reaction score
AN EPI SPOTLIGHT need to look into that fine looking guitar....if I do say so!

There are two models, ones with the Steinberger KB trem and locking nut and then ones with a strat style bridge. The strat bridge models have the big route on the back for the trem block and springs so there is some weight relief in comparison.

bjuz015v9t3uxk0qcg0k.jpg

Last edited:

lpfan1980

Reaction score
There are some with this KB trem bridge and some with a strat style bridge, the candy apple red finish with the strat bridge was the one I wanted most but as soon as I saw mine for sale local I knew it the most sensible time to buy one. The strat bridge models have a giant route on the back for the trem block and springs so there is some weight relief in comparison to the latter.

View attachment 452494
Gorgeous for sure.

Jewel the Sapphire

Reaction score
Does anyone know the Steinberger parts guy with the parts for these? I had his info 2 years ago and couldn't purchase due to covid shipping concerns..

Edit: found the seller in my email

Last edited:

Latest Threads