Epiphone Slash Signature Series

LuthierVandross

Reaction score
Plus the money you spent on all the modifications. I have read that the Probuckers that are in the
Epiphone Slash series guitars, are definitely modified to spec and match the Gibson Slash guitar pickups. Slash played both the Gibson and Epiphone and gave his approval of both guitars.
as does most artists. Jared James Nichols interview said the same thing

rbraad68

Reaction score
Plus the money you spent on all the modifications. I have read that the Probuckers that are in the
Epiphone Slash series guitars, are definitely modified to spec and match the Gibson Slash guitar pickups. Slash played both the Gibson and Epiphone and gave his approval of both guitars.
yeah i did add the faber to the slash that was really the only out of pocket at the time for me. I had the SD pups i swapped them outa my 50s gold top so now the goldtop is sporting the "custom" pro buckers. I think those pups will sound good in the goldtop.. the kluson tuners i had as well.. But the 60's standard is a bad ass guitar and given the choice id choose the 60's over the slash.. atleast at this point only time will tell if i start to let the slash grow on me...

rbraad68

Reaction score
We got a three day weekend so i'll have some time to mess with the slash. Other than the work i did to it i haven't had alot of time to play it and adjust out the bugs.. Other than what i paid for the guitar i really don't have anything against the guitar....

I still whish i had waited for another 59 though. I'd have to say my 2 59's my 50's goldtop and my 60's are my favorites with the 59's being my prized guitars!!

ben2e

Reaction score
@rbraad68 (or anyone with a Slash and '59) - How do they compare in weight, neck thickness ? The one Slash I see on Sweetwater says 8.5 lbs which is nice in my book for any LP. Unlike the Gibson sight the Epiphone site doesn't say much about weight relief.

I'd prefer the gloss finish of the Slash. I know I can polish the '59 but don't relish the time spent doing it.Maybe I can do it without removing everything and still get a decent job. Anyway, the Slash also creeps closer to a Tribute price and that guitar is Plek'd so that should give a better setup out of the box. It's a slippery slope. Pretty soon I'm looking at Gibson Classic's.

That said, I prefer '60's necks and hear the '59 neck is more like a '58. Big handfull of neck. Hoping the slash is slimmer.

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about what epi to get in 2021. The custom with ebony board, the 1959, a prophecy custom? I might have to spring for the November burst les paul or the gold top. Decisions, decisions...
I have a white custom, never had an ebony board before, quite snappy attack, I am very happy with it. have modded it by putting T-Tops in and replaced all the wiring with the Gibson braided style and added some affordable russian made paper in oil caps.
prices for the slash models in the UK are £799.

rbraad68

Reaction score
@rbraad68 (or anyone with a Slash and '59) - How do they compare in weight, neck thickness ? The one Slash I see on Sweetwater says 8.5 lbs which is nice in my book for any LP. Unlike the Gibson sight the Epiphone site doesn't say much about weight relief.

I'd prefer the gloss finish of the Slash. I know I can polish the '59 but don't relish the time spent doing it.Maybe I can do it without removing everything and still get a decent job. Anyway, the Slash also creeps closer to a Tribute price and that guitar is Plek'd so that should give a better setup out of the box. It's a slippery slope. Pretty soon I'm looking at Gibson Classic's.

That said, I prefer '60's necks and hear the '59 neck is more like a '58. Big handfull of neck. Hoping the slash is slimmer.
well since my last post i have had some time to bond with the guitar and work out a few bugs. there is no wieght relief on these slash guitars from what ive heard anyways, i was told by the sales rep that my guitar wieghed 8.67 ish pounds i wish i had wrote it down but memory is all i have to go on here since i don't have a scale. Both my 59's my 50's and my 60's feel heavier to me but not like a whole lot.. If anything there all real close in wieght. the slash has a decent profile going on not as chunky as my 50's standard and probly more on par with my 59 with the shoulder being a little more on the slash. It's right in the middle of my 50's and my 60's standard if that makes any sense... I have grown to actually like this guitar infact it's turning into my goto when i reach for a guitar... Hope that helps you a little man...

rbraad68

Reaction score
Ok guys the itch was too strong so i gave in and settled on a half way medium. I ordered a APH 2 bridge pick up and going to try and pair it up with the 59 thats in the neck already. I was only able to score a zibra pup so i guess if the 2 do or do not pair up?? i'm going to have to get another neck pup anyways either it be the APH 2 neck or a 59n in zibra...

ben2e

Reaction score
@rbraad68 thanks. Mystery how it's as light as it is. I saw a few at Sweetwater that were all under 9 lbs which most of the current Les Pauls other than the "Modern Chambered" ones with substantial relief hit. Sounds like the '59's are in that range too so I suppose until someone x-ray's one or saw's it front to badk will remain. Glad they're not beasts though.
Maybe next year Epiphone does a '60 reissue. Or I just get a Tribute.

rbraad68

Reaction score
@rbraad68 thanks. Mystery how it's as light as it is. I saw a few at Sweetwater that were all under 9 lbs which most of the current Les Pauls other than the "Modern Chambered" ones with substantial relief hit. Sounds like the '59's are in that range too so I suppose until someone x-ray's one or saw's it front to badk will remain. Glad they're not beasts though.
Maybe next year Epiphone does a '60 reissue. Or I just get a Tribute.
honestly man from the youtube videos and what i've read these things aren't wieght reliefed. i put my money on niether the slah or the 59 is wieght reliefed... like i said i was told 8.6x ish on my slash when i bought it from sweet water and they are usually spot on with the wieght. both my 59s feel heavier so yeah 9 9.5 pounds maybe on my 59 seems about right, i am going to buy a scale....

**edit**

not sure what one would consider the 2020 60's standard they did but it's a really well made guitar. i guess some burst buckers would of sweetend the deal but yeah super nice guitar man!! here's mine with faber bridge kit and SD 59/JB pups... i love this thing!!
60s 05.jpg

Last edited:

ben2e

Reaction score
That looks great. I've only seen '59's in photos since they're never in stock but the tops and color fading look suspect on a lot of them. If they're not weight relieved, I wonder what the heck makes models like the Gibson Classic Les Paul so darned heavy. You're lucky to see one under 9.5 lbs. Sweetwater has several Slash's in stock all under 9 lbs. Go figure. I'm going to take another look at the Standard '60 LP though.

rbraad68

Reaction score
That looks great. I've only seen '59's in photos since they're never in stock but the tops and color fading look suspect on a lot of them. If they're not weight relieved, I wonder what the heck makes models like the Gibson Classic Les Paul so darned heavy. You're lucky to see one under 9.5 lbs. Sweetwater has several Slash's in stock all under 9 lbs. Go figure. I'm going to take another look at the Standard '60 LP though.
hell yeah man!! I actually like this thing as much as my two 59's and my slash!! the wieght is good too id say atleast 9 9.5 pounds. the neck profile is perfect nice bit of shoulder to it infact my 59 profile reminds me of this 60s profile my 50's series is just chunky no shoulders to it....

Latest Threads