Epiphone Slash Signature Series

rbraad68

Reaction score
yeah it is kinda a let down that they went with pro buckers. i can't see them have doing a better job on this guitar as they did on the 59. No switch craft toggle and quik connect. I agree a normal standard with with slash's sig is what your/ i'm getting with a case for 899 bucks :=/ ... I gess i'll see tomarrow if it shows up on time...

orrb_05

Reaction score
yeah was that a price anyone could get or something you worked out with the sales rep. my guy was a dick and is going to get an ear full tomarrow if i find out they have them at 800 somewhere else....
Correct - first salesman I visited with knocked the price down to $849. Next day tried again and was offered $825, I asked if $800 would work, and he accepted. I was debating on the Modern (better fret board, tuners, and much lower price). I did try at AMS and they would not budge - said something to the effects that they are not able to recoup the discount from Epiphone. Sweetwater was willing to do $849...

Fat Elppie

Reaction score
The goldtop is most appealing to me after the AFD. I'd do chrome covers on either though. For the money and ProBuckers I'll just go with the 50s standard..... to each their own though.

CHIP702

Reaction score
First person to measure the pick up resistance between regular ProBuckers and these Slash "Custom Probuckers" wins.

rbraad68

Reaction score
First person to measure the pick up resistance between regular ProBuckers and these Slash "Custom Probuckers" wins.
i have a set of pro buckers 2 and 3 sitting on my desk. i get the guitar tomarrow so i will post pics of the"custom" and the regular ones... i'm already thinking about sending it back so this better be one hell of a guitar!!!!

rbraad68

Reaction score
Correct - first salesman I visited with knocked the price down to $849. Next day tried again and was offered $825, I asked if $800 would work, and he accepted. I was debating on the Modern (better fret board, tuners, and much lower price). I did try at AMS and they would not budge - said something to the effects that they are not able to recoup the discount from Epiphone. Sweetwater was willing to do $849...
fuck sweet water my rep was a dick head!! telling me that because of the 2 yr warrinty and the 55 point bull shit that they can;t or won't match prices... i asked him what about the fact they have had my money now since march!!!! 875 bucks for this thig!!!

rbraad68

Reaction score
my rep said mine was 8.86 pounds.......
just took the guitar apart to check out the body and take pictures. going to go dig up my volt metter here in a few i will post the results

i'm going to bet they arent that much hotter than the regular ones...

orrb_05

Reaction score
just took the guitar apart to check out the body and take pictures. going to go dig up my volt metter here in a few i will post the results

i'm going to bet they arent that much hotter than the regular ones...
The pickups are not a show stopper for me. I like the Pro Buckers anyhoot....
Also like that the body appears to be 2 pieces with no veneer on the back. I did canc my order for the Appetite Burst and decided to go with the Victoria goldtop :hmm:

rbraad68

Reaction score
ok i made sure i kept all the stck parts. I tweeked it a tad to suite my needs :=) SD pups Switch craft toggle in gold. Tone pro bridge pieces......

Attachments

orrb_05

Reaction score
I'm really liking those tuners, they look really good on that dark back!

orrb_05

Reaction score
Anaconda burst finally arrived and cosmetically all is well - no issues identified. Setup is less than desired - action needs lowered. Frets are fine, nut is fine, and tuners hold well (but will replace these eventually). The probuckers are hotter thatn the PB's in my customs, so liking that. Did a sound comparison with my '59, and I'm liking the Epi custom PB's better than the BB. The dark back looks amazing, and is what should really be on the goldtop.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
If the Epiphone Slash C neck is exactly the same as the Gibson, they are just to big for me to like. I really did like the Gibson Appetite and really wanted to get one, since I don't mind the Medium C necks, but the C neck on these Slash models is pretty beefy.

LuthierVandross

Reaction score
Anaconda burst finally arrived and cosmetically all is well - no issues identified. Setup is less than desired - action needs lowered. Frets are fine, nut is fine, and tuners hold well (but will replace these eventually). The probuckers are hotter thatn the PB's in my customs, so liking that. Did a sound comparison with my '59, and I'm liking the Epi custom PB's better than the BB. The dark back looks amazing, and is what should really be on the goldtop.
can you tell how many pieces of mahogany the body is? Output on the pickups?

Latest Threads