Epiphone Slash Signature Series

fry

Reaction score
im going to guess that you have gotten the slash!!?? i got the green one just paid it off 5 minutes ago should ship out tomarrow. how is it man? pro buckers or custom pro buckers?? going to be pissed if it's the regular pro buckers.....
I pulled the photo from a Reverb listing.

rbraad68

Reaction score
so are these going to have a high gloss to them? those pics make them look matt finish like the 59 which would be great!! Mine should ship out tomarrow so i guess i don't have much longer to find out. also tthe pickups say custom pro buckers. Now isn't slash's gibson pickups called custom buckers? is it possible hat epiphone did a custom bucker for these guitars? i will post pictures when i get mine.... t
01.jpg

these are the pictures sweet water sent me today they are supossed to be of my actual guitar?? can't wait to check this thing out...

Attachments

LuthierVandross

Reaction score
If you look at the Epiphone website; the section that goes over their pickups cites these as Prockers, same as the 50’s line.
1146E193-4CDB-4ED9-A3FD-23678D58EF6D.jpg

Yes in the specs it says different, but I don’t think they would just wind one up for an Epiphone. But as witnessed by the JJN Gold Glory, they did have Seymour Duncan roll one up.
942A1034-F68F-4746-8EED-8832681AAE2E.jpg

as far as the neck, I have a feeling it’s the C shape with more shoulder.

orrb_05

Reaction score
Am I the only one so far to have recieved the slash series guitar? Got a text from my sales rep saying that my slash guitar was ready when i was ready to pay it off... i was like holy cow i'm still waiting on a 59 but your telling me that you have my slash guitar!!!!??? anyways fixing to call up the store and pay the remaining 300 dollar balance. they said it would ship tomarroww YAY!!
Which version did you go with?

LuthierVandross

Reaction score
I wonder if the neck is a 3 piece like the rest of the IBG line. Also the back of the body looks like a 2 piece body similar to the 59...

Sorry guys, trying to justify the cost. It can’t be the case as the 59 has proven, the 59 is spec’d better electronically but cheaper?

rbraad68

Reaction score
ZZounds - paid $800 + taxes
yeah was that a price anyone could get or something you worked out with the sales rep. my guy was a dick and is going to get an ear full tomarrow if i find out they have them at 800 somewhere else....

jpfigueiredo

Reaction score
so are these going to have a high gloss to them? those pics make them look matt finish like the 59 which would be great!!
True, the guitars on those photos look like they have a satin finish, but that's definitely only due to lighting. The actual ones are glossy.

fry

Reaction score
Nice looking guitars, but $899 is too much if you ask me. It shouldn’t be more than the ‘59, I don’t care if it has Slash’s scribble on it.

josephchoi

Reaction score
I dig the guitars alright but it's simlly overpriced as far as I can tell when compared to the rest of the lineup. Should have been priced like the norm burst because essentially that's what this is!

Latest Threads