Epiphone Slash Signature Series

fry

Reaction score
Wow, that's pretty cool! I wonder if they'll take a year like the '59?

LP1865

Reaction score
The AFD burst looks way too Orange.
Lets hope they're as good as the Bonamassa versions

jpfigueiredo

Reaction score
I like the red one but I wish the fretboards were much, much darker.
There's a strong light source from directly above which may be making it look lighter than it actually is, but it might be just wishful thinking.

Hopefully we'll get to see some specs and official photos soon enough.

themightyjaymoe

Reaction score
I've been thinking about what epi to get in 2021. The custom with ebony board, the 1959, a prophecy custom? I might have to spring for the November burst les paul or the gold top. Decisions, decisions...

Kamen_Kaiju

Tachibana Racing Club
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
There's a strong light source from directly above which may be making it look lighter than it actually is, but it might be just wishful thinking.

Hopefully we'll get to see some specs and official photos soon enough.
The past couple (few?) years everyone seems to have tan fretboards. I know there's rosewood issues but i wish they'd dye whatever they use to look dark.

Maple boards are cool, and ebony or 'dark' boards are cool, but these light tan/brown boards i see so many companies using just look really jarring and wrong to me.

Jyang

Reaction score
Really hope there is a slash double neck epiphone version come out

MP4-22

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wonder what the back of that GT looks like.

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
I like the 3 color burst on the far right. The rest are just ok. they would all look better with double cream pickups.

JayPDizzle

Reaction score
I contacted a few UK retailers to ask if they have any info yet and if I could preorder one (or 3), but none of them had any info yet and said they expect to hear from Gibson soon.

I really want that Appetite Burst. Given how good my Bonamassa LP is, I'm tempted to order two of these Slash LPs - Appetite and the Vermillion. Depends on price though. I'm predicting £600-£700. I'd rather have it for £600 without a case.
I also want to get one or two of the new Squier & Fender range. Not a good year for the bank balance haha!

Here's my only gripe with them - Epiphone will probably put a veneer on the back which just makes them look cheap imo. The Cherry SG is the worst for it.

JayPDizzle

Reaction score
Imagine if they offered these with a nitro lacquer and Gibson pickups for like £1200... now that would be great!

LP1865

Reaction score
Imagine if they offered these with a nitro lacquer and Gibson pickups for like £1200... now that would be great!
I dont think Gibson wants direct competition to their studio and tribute models

Murdock33

Reaction score
My guess for a price is $750 USD, without a case. Epiphones are usually about 25% of the Gibson counterpart.

rifflearner

Reaction score
My guess for a price is $750 USD, without a case. Epiphones are usually about 25% of the Gibson counterpart.
I'm gonna guess $899. The Slash Gibson models are $500 more than the Standard. I think these will be $300 more than the 50s/60s Standard. They gotta pay Slash.

I predict they will have the same SD pickups, though.

Latest Threads