Epiphone || Showcase your guitar...

Which is a better thread titile || Axe or Guitar?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rbraad68

Reaction score
MAn I see you put the seymour dunkins in it or did you buy it that way? I just ordered a 50 watt peavey clasic 4x10 combo so I will be able to judge the tone a little better on the few epis i have.. I will sooner or later throw some seymours in one of my epis :=)

Cardinalcomb

Reaction score
MAn I see you put the seymour dunkins in it or did you buy it that way? I just ordered a 50 watt peavey clasic 4x10 combo so I will be able to judge the tone a little better on the few epis i have.. I will sooner or later throw some seymours in one of my epis :=)
The mudbuckers in the older epiphones were muddy as hell. The newer probuckers and alnico pros are much better and dont need to be replaced imo.

rbraad68

Reaction score
The mudbuckers in the older epiphones were muddy as hell. The newer probuckers and alnico pros are much better and dont need to be replaced imo.

i agree the two 2020 epi's i picked up have the pro buckers and the zebra alnico's so im good there. i was going to replace the pick ups out of my 2013 standard. I had bought a complete wiring harness toggle switch and jack with a set of pro buckers for a decent price. I just hope these pro buckers arent what you are calling the mud buckers. not sure how old this set is. so if i did go the seymour route it would be with this standard i have.

DrBGood

Reaction score
I had bought a complete wiring harness toggle switch and jack with a set of pro buckers for a decent price.
If you bought it new on eBay or Reverb, good chance they are not real Probuckers. Epiphone sell real ones for $170 a set, pickups only.

ucsteve

Reaction score
I agree that there really is no great need to swap out the new probuckers in these 2020s. However, I wanted to before I even got mine for one reason, I was planning on eventually replacing the p/u's in my 2002, so why not try out some nice SD's that ive been meaning to, and throw the probuckers in the 2002 and see what that is like. I can always swap em back if im not diggin it. But Im diggin it

rbraad68

Reaction score
If you bought it new on eBay or Reverb, good chance they are not real Probuckers. Epiphone sell real ones for $170 a set, pickups only.

no i got them here from one of the senior members ( not sure he wants to be named so i wont ) on this site so im sure they are real. only question is how old they are? good to know about the new ones avail for the 170 though...

rbraad68

Reaction score
I agree that there really is no great need to swap out the new probuckers in these 2020s. However, I wanted to before I even got mine for one reason, I was planning on eventually replacing the p/u's in my 2002, so why not try out some nice SD's that ive been meaning to, and throw the probuckers in the 2002 and see what that is like. I can always swap em back if im not diggin it. But Im diggin it
my 2013 doesnt even have the plug in wire harness i have to totaly swicth out everything to make it work...

ucsteve

Reaction score
my 2013 doesnt even have the plug in wire harness i have to totaly swicth out everything to make it work...
sounds like fun, do it up. Currently working on a Tele build, with a neck humbucker of some sort I got from a friend, and a SD Hot Stack for the bridge. But Im a Les Paul guy at heart it seems.

rbraad68

Reaction score
sounds like fun, do it up. Currently working on a Tele build, with a neck humbucker of some sort I got from a friend, and a SD Hot Stack for the bridge. But Im a Les Paul guy at heart it seems.
i have the new tunners on they way all i need now is bridge and tail piece. i wnt to do it all at once so for now i wait.....

Latest Threads