Epiphone Probucker Wiring Question

Pancreas

Reaction score
Hey Group,
I have a new 2021 Epiphone Les Paul Custom with the factory 2-wire Probuckers installed. I want to install a different set of Probuckers (long story) that have the 4-wire connections. I would like to keep the quick plugs, and a don't want push/pull options. Which wires from the new, 4 wire pickups will I not need? Has anyone done this before?
I hope this makes sense,
Thanks!

noodlingguitars

Reaction score
epiphone-quick-connector-png.614589

What you want is keep red (north start) and south start (black) and solder north finish and south finish (green and white) together and tape away.

If you need to change the connector anyway, might be easier to just snip off the quick connect for future use and solder directly to the pots.

Pancreas

Reaction score

What you want is keep red (north start) and south start (black) and solder north finish and south finish (green and white) together and tape away.

If you need to change the connector anyway, might be easier to just snip off the quick connect for future use and solder directly to the pots.
That's great man! Thank you for your help, it's much appreciated.

Pancreas

Reaction score

If you need to change the connector anyway, might be easier to just snip off the quick connect for future use and solder directly to

Pancreas

Reaction score
I was hoping to clip off both sets of connectors and just solder the wires from the pots to the wires from the pickups

Latest Threads