Epiphone Les Paul Standard Mahogany Ltd

tekt

Reaction score
The reason people suggest Agiles is because you can get a great guitar with more features for less money. As far is the "Les Paul" look, it's a Les Paul "style" guitar.

Let's face it, either you have a genuine Gibson Les Paul, or you don't, and no matter how much a guitar may "look" like a Gibson Les Paul, it either is or isn't.

Some don't like the short horn, but it makes the guitar much more comfortable to play than the real thing. Form follows function.

The U.S. court (Gibson vs PRS) ruled that not only is the shape of the Les Paul generic, but that the term "Les Paul" is also a generic term that refers to a style of guitar, and doesn't refer to a particular brand. As long as the headstock is not copied, anything goes. I seriously doubt Gibson would ever want to go to court to try to protect the headstock trademark, because they couldn't chance losing their claim to it.

I would think that as musicians, the first priority would be tone, followed by playability, and last, looks.

Your money, your decision.

MattMayer

Reaction score
the reason people suggest agiles is because you can get a great guitar with more features for less money. As far is the "les paul" look, it's a les paul "style" guitar.

Let's face it, either you have a genuine gibson les paul, or you don't, and no matter how much a guitar may "look" like a gibson les paul, it either is or isn't.

Some don't like the short horn, but it makes the guitar much more comfortable to play than the real thing. Form follows function.

The u.s. Court (gibson vs prs) ruled that not only is the shape of the les paul generic, but that the term "les paul" is also a generic term that refers to a style of guitar, and doesn't refer to a particular brand. As long as the headstock is not copied, anything goes. I seriously doubt gibson would ever want to go to court to try to protect the headstock trademark, because they couldn't chance losing their claim to it.

I would think that as musicians, the first priority would be tone, followed by playability, and last, looks.

Your money, your decision.

+1

MattMayer

Reaction score
QFT :thumb:

Edit:
I just got a nice price on an epi les paul with a case. But i have a bit of a doubt on the color. He says it's a honeyburst but isn't it too red for one?

schermafbeelding2009122u.png

looks like a honey burst to me.

bagger245

Reaction score
-=[Shifty]=-;1386753 said:
Never seen one of those, but I guess that would be ok for me. :D

I admit that I might be nitpicking here, but that's just how I feel. If I would ask advice on Les Pauls or Les Paul copies and someone would suggest an Agile (as they're currently made) to me, I'd think he'd try to kid me. Same goes for brands like Prestige or Vintage, they're all off and don't really look like Les Pauls.

This is why I strictly wanted an Epi, the closest I could get to a real LP. I tried the Ibanez ART which I initially wanted to get, but in truth it was just a singlecut guitar. Good guitar nonetheless, but not an LP.

qwank

Reaction score
Agiles may be nice and i've never played one so i dont know, but they just look like toys. they look super glossy,the body shape and headstock are wierd to me, and some of the colors look terrible, like the silverburst. They just look wrong to me.

Epiphones just look so much better to me. and i have had a few, and they've all played great. I love the neck on my MIK.

MattMayer

Reaction score
Agiles may be nice and i've never played one so i dont know, but they just look like toys. they look super glossy,the body shape and headstock are wierd to me, and some of the colors look terrible, .

And Epis don't??

:laugh2::lol::laugh2::laugh2::lol::laugh2::laugh2::lol::laugh2:

needlespauls

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
-=[Shifty]=-;1386783 said:
You mean this one?

SolidBodyImageStandard.jpg

YUK! Ok, I think I'd take an Agile over one of those. :laugh2:

You gotta try one in person man! Those Taylors are incredibly great quality, and sound and play great! I didn't want to like em' at first.....

scott duncan

Reaction score
Hey Tek! I don't know about the rest of these guys but that Epi seriously has the look that KILLS! I have the 56 gold top and wish it had the natural finish on the mahogany body. The black on red is a very dynamic color combo and I'm a freak for the speed knobs on any LP guitar. You can't go wrong with that axe . It will satisfy your itch for a Les Paul, rock BALLS and make the babes MELT! :laugh2: In fact I'm gonna look for one myself because it seriously has me GASin for another LP!:thumb:

The_Sentry

Reaction score
Eh, if it was me I'd just get a Standard and call it a day....

chivitajm

Reaction score
if agiles didnt looked like deformed les pauls then i'll probably buy one, but that horn just looks damn ugly to me. it doesn't matter how good they play or the quality, if you don't like it, why buy it?

MattMayer

Reaction score
if agiles didnt looked like deformed les pauls then i'll probably buy one, but that horn just looks damn ugly to me. it doesn't matter how good they play or the quality, if you don't like it, why buy it?

CORKSNIFFER! But seriously, why does it matter? the smaller horn makes it easier to play the higher frets.

standard man

Reaction score
Agiles may be nice and i've never played one so i dont know, but they just look like toys. they look super glossy,the body shape and headstock are wierd to me, and some of the colors look terrible, like the silverburst. They just look wrong to me.

Epiphones just look so much better to me. and i have had a few, and they've all played great. I love the neck on my MIK.

I got a good laugh when I read this. Everyone is entitled to an opinion though. My Agile Silverburst Dauntless is the most beautiful guitar I own. I also have a Gibson SG ebony, Epi LP STD Plus blue, And an Epi G400 ebony.

I respectfully disagree. with your post.

qwank

Reaction score
I got a good laugh when I read this. Everyone is entitled to an opinion though. My Agile Silverburst Dauntless is the most beautiful guitar I own. I also have a Gibson SG ebony, Epi LP STD Plus blue, And an Epi G400 ebony.

I respectfully disagree. with your post.

sorry. i hate the way the Agile silverburst looks. it's way too metallicy. just my opinion though.

-=[Shifty]=-

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I don't like Silverbursts, no matter which company made it! :naughty:

Latest Threads