EPIPHONE Les Paul Standard Mahogany Limited Worn Cherry

joey1234

Reaction score
After playing a EPIPHONE Les Paul Special II Deluxe Vintage Sunburst for a couple of years I decided to upgrade. I was considering a Studio Limited Wine Red or a Standard Limited Worn Cherry. I chose the latter. And for just 339€ I think it is a very well made guitar. It is way better than the Special II. I took some pics of it:

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/892/imagem000.jpg
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/6026/imagem001l.jpg
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7776/imagem002mc.jpg
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/3922/imagem004tb.jpg

:D

dcooper830

Reaction score
Congrats! That's really nice!!

My local Epiphone dealer had some of those in a few months back and I played 'em and thought they were GREAT guitars!! I love the faded finish. It gives it a nice organic feel I think.

It was so hard not to buy one!! Fortunately they all sold pretty quickly and I didn't have to spend any money. :D

sasquatch

Reaction score
That's Exquisite!
I've become quite the Cherry Popper as of late myself....
I mean...I own a Faded WC Firebird and G-400.
That Standard Looks Sweet!

WorncherryLP

Reaction score
I just picked up one of these here in the US. (pics soon) Mine has cream binding, and all cream plastic parts. Yours appears to have white, is that correct? A local shop here, Gibson/Epiphone dealer had a couple of these and I bought one. I got lucky, seems these were made for the European market only. I could not fine anything about them on U.S. websites, only on European sites.

WCLP....

kysrsoze

Reaction score
I think you made the best decision. The worn finish seems to have a better resonance than those with the thick poly finish. I really like my worn Firebird, and both it and the worn Dot have had great reviews. There's a liveliness in it that my Epi LP Custom doesn't have. Even the worn Gib LP's and SG's gave great remarks on these boards about their sound quality. Even if it's cheaper, it still sounds better.

Eggy

Reaction score
That's nice. I'd consider black top hats with silver inserts?

nbeersiii

Banned
Reaction score
that is cool, the white pickgaurd looks awesome. Looks like a christmas guitar or a candycane.

touyaa

Reaction score
Joey, I´m just about to buy a Standard and I´m wondering to buy an Ebony or one just like yours. Please tell me, how is it?How does it sound? The one they offer me comes with Gold Hardware, I cant see if you have the same one or if it´s silver. I´ll be glad to hear from someone who owns one. Thanks!!!

JohnnyBoy

Reaction score
Hi all,

First post here for me... =)

I've got one of these as well. Mine came with gold hardware and amber knobs that were promptly swaped for gold bells with pointers.

That's a photo of it still at the "repair/improve" shop.

P1010001.jpg

J

NoreMAC958

Reaction score
I registered here for the sole purpose of furthering my quest for an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Mahogany Limited Edition Worn Cherry with Gold Hardware. I saw it in a local Guitar Center and it was gone before I got together the money to get it. I NEED THIS GUITAR! I've wanted a LP for some time now but was waiting for the right one. First I wanted a vintage sunburst then a gold top. But when I saw this guitar i knew it was the one, it was love at first sight. The perfect combination of rich worn cherry with the gold hardware and cream pickguard...it's perfect. Now I've scoured 100's of google and eBay searches to find this baby yet the closest I get to it is a picture on this forum. Please someone...help me find this guitar.

Hack

Reaction score
Thats good PFfan, but thats in some strange foreign country! :D

...not to mention the date of that last post... :eek2:

voxplayer

Reaction score
hi folks!
1st post here!
got the same guitar since a year, playing this lady with a vox ac4tv through a "natural sound speaker" yamaha TA-70 cab (2x30W @ 16Ohms).
added a bigsby-copy (not worse than the originals) and will change the neck pu to a gibson p94 or a duesenberg domino as soon as i got some money left over...

(excuse the bad pic - will ad some others)

Attachments

• epicLP.jpg
    epicLP.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 59

Clifdawg

Reaction score
Nice guitar, and welcome! I like that bigsby clone you got there... Really adds to the look of the axe, and I'm sure it plays great, too.

In the future, it's probably best to start a new thread to announce a new guitar, just FYI. But no biggie, and a warm welcome to MLP nonetheless. :)

Latest Threads