Epiphone Les Paul Standard Limited CGT US Classic Gold Top

Mr. AC/DC

Reaction score
Epiphone - Les Paul Standard Limited CGT US Classic Gold Top : Electric guitars

Do you know anything about this Epiphone Les Paul Gold Top? I can't find any information on the net. There is nothing on the official Epiphone web site too. It seems the guitar is the same like Epiphone Slash Les Paul Gold Top :slash: , only without the Slash signature. But the pickups description is not exact - it should be the Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro pickups I think.

Thank you a lot for any information!!! :)

standard man

Reaction score
Im pretty sure its just a gold standard, but I could be wrong.

nbeersiii

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like the Slash sig model to me. I like it whatever it is.

guitarinsight

Reaction score
Hi there. I too was looking for more information on this model and this is what I have determined:

It is an Epiphone Les Paul Custom Shop "Classic U.S. Goldtop" Ltd Edition that was made in China for the Japanese market. It has Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro2 humbuckers, classic Kluson-style tuners and a 1960's neck profile with nickel hardware.

Hope this helps.

EdtheTed

Reaction score
I bought one of these from Long and McQuade several months ago. It's beautiful. It was just over $800 (CAD). I played it next to the U.S. Goldtop that sold for $2000 and couldn't feel any difference. Both played great and looked identical. I also thought the Seymour Duncan pickups on the Epiphone were a bit warmer than the Gibson and I preferred them.

porkchop87

Reaction score
I actually just ordered said Goldtop from Long and Mcquade... should be coming in the mail soon... I'll be sure to post pictures...

olstrat

Reaction score
I got my Epiphone Les Paul Classic Goldtop with Seymour Duncans from L & M on Saturday. I really don't think it's the same as the Slash model but does share a lot of features. It has what was described in another thread as a "Fat 50's neck profile."
It certainly is a good guitar for the price. Needs a professional set-up right out of the box. The pick ups are good (The neck is especially smooth).

porkchop87

Reaction score
I got my Epiphone Les Paul Classic Goldtop with Seymour Duncans from L & M on Saturday. I really don't think it's the same as the Slash model but does share a lot of features. It has what was described in another thread as a "Fat 50's neck profile."
It certainly is a good guitar for the price. Needs a professional set-up right out of the box. The pick ups are good (The neck is especially smooth).

The site says Alnico Pro-IIs, are those the pickups it comes with?

olstrat

Reaction score
I have not had them out but as far as I can tell from the top they are SD Alnico Pro II's as advertised.

atkinsg

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I just picked up an Epiphone Les Paul Classic U.S. Goldtop with SD pickups made in the epi china factory.
I called LM in ottawa looking for one as I had seen one someone else picked up.
LM sell them for $540.00 (old new stock transfered from TO.)

They still have some in TO if your interested.

These Epi,s have super reviews, and are similar to the slash goldtop without the slash price.

I am quite impressed with how epi has come along in quality in the new factory.
This guitar is sweet.

Does anyone else out there have one of these great guitars?

SDC10374.jpg

SDC10370.jpg

SDC10369.jpg

SDC10373.jpg

davies

Banned/Not Banned
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else out there have one of these great guitars?

I have the non-'US' version (link in sig). It was suffering from '14th fret hump' but my luthier friend sorted that - sweet as now.

Bruce361

Reaction score
Yes i must say the neck and p/s rock!!!! i bought mine on-line as a b-day gift for 400.00!!! with a case to boot!! \m/
:slash:

Attachments

• IMAGE_053[2].jpg
    IMAGE_053[2].jpg
    90 KB · Views: 137

Latest Threads