Epiphone Les Paul Special II

tattoodane

Reaction score
I just bought an epiphone les paul special II and it should be to me later this week. I had a question about changing out the pickups, would the DiMarzio DP159 Evolution Bridge and DiMarzio DP158 Evolution neck Pickup be a good swap out?

loneguitar

Reaction score
Welcome Daniel, if theres a GC near you go there and check it out see how it feels, and sounds, if not I'd go with MF they are reputable and BTW good luck

DDcat

Reaction score
If you can scrape up a few extra clams, try and get it set up properly. Maybe you have a friend or realitive who plays and knows how to tweak? It's a great guitar to get you going but generally comes from the factory with less than stellar setup. With a decent setup it'll play very well and put you on the fast(er) track to rockin'

Good luck and pop back here with questions you may have.

TeleDog

Pain in the Rear!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The LP special II is a nice guitar, the tuners though are crap with a chrome finish. You'll want to replace those for sure.

I had one, modified, tweaked, and it was cool, very nice indeed.

LEFTY LES

Banned
Reaction score
436579.jpg

YES !!!

+1 there bro :thumb: This has everything you need to get started. The special II is nothing really "special" but just fine for a beginner. Once you get into it a bit and if you decide to stick with it, upgrade to at least a LP Standard.

cegpcola

Reaction score
Wow......pulled a 2 year old thread back to life!

The Special II is a very decent guitar. I had one that I wound up selling to a friend a few months ago. I enjoyed that guitar, but the tuners are horrid, and after I replaced the pickups with a 490/498 Gibby setup, the thing rocked.

ToothDecay

Reaction score
I was gonna get this as my first guitar but my grandpa didn't like how it looked so he got me a LP100 :laugh2:

The Guitarist

Epi Verification Expert
Reaction score
Any recommendations on what I might use to self teach myself? I have seen Guitar For Dummies, or Idiot's Guide To Guitar, anybody have any experience with any of these?

Just teach yourself whatever you like. pick up tabs, learn by ear and just enjoy playing what you like, that's what i did and I've come leaps and bounds (i think?)

Reaction score
this is late but anyone else wanting to buy this, dont, save up some more and buy a standard, i gotta say for about 300 more it is well worth it, better parts, better finish, better guitar!

Latest Threads