Epiphone Les Paul Special II

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Do some research , Ebay you can get some really good deals

dc81

Reaction score
If I have a spending limit of $250, and I am in need of a guitar, amp, etc, everything needed to play. Is the above package worth it?

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
If I have a spending limit of $250, and I am in need of a guitar, amp, etc, everything needed to play. Is the above package worth it?
436579.jpg

YES !!!

dc81

Reaction score
Thanks, if all goes according to plan, I will have this in possession in 2-3 weeks. Wish me luck.

Daniel

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
you need any help just ask or PM me . I would still search ebay sure there is package deals

dc81

Reaction score
I've done some research, and for the $250 price, I can't find anything on Ebay comparable.

Any recommendations on what I might use to self teach myself? I have seen Guitar For Dummies, or Idiot's Guide To Guitar, anybody have any experience with any of these?

Psigh4

Reaction score
Before you spend any money on books do yourself a favor and check out the net for lessons or tablatures (Tabs). Tabs is like reading music but much easier. All you need to do is pick a song you like. Google: tab song name. The tab tells you where to place your fingers on the fret board.

Below is the tab for AC/DC's "Back In Black"

Back In Black AC/DC

The numbers represent tell you where to place your fingers on the fretboard.

Before you spend a lot of money on books you may want to take a few lessons with a teacher or just get with some friends that all ready know how to play.

Good Luck!

:wave:

Nugget

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Funky Bob

Reaction score
I've done some research, and for the $250 price, I can't find anything on Ebay comparable.

Any recommendations on what I might use to self teach myself? I have seen Guitar For Dummies, or Idiot's Guide To Guitar, anybody have any experience with any of these?

yea i'd say just check the net first for tabs
i started off learning green day songs and expanded from there
but if you really want a book pick up something published by Mel Bay
they have the best lessons

lp junior freak

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
they have a guitar guide for dummies look at like a borders or some book store . i also recomend geting a chord book

GuitarGal

Reaction score
yea i'd say just check the net first for tabs
i started off learning green day songs and expanded from there
but if you really want a book pick up something published by Mel Bay
they have the best lessons

:wave: and Welcome here~ :rock:

GuitarGal

Reaction score
Thanks, if all goes according to plan, I will have this in possession in 2-3 weeks. Wish me luck.

Daniel

:wave: I wish you luck Daniel~ Keep us posted and share photo with us~

Welcome here~ :rock:

GeeJay

Reaction score
My first guitar was an Epi Les Paul Special II and I still have it, although it doesn't get played much these days. Certainly good enough to learn with and mine has been gigged too.

If you've not played before, one of the best things you can do in my opinion is to set yourself an agenda.

Try to decide what you want to play. Set a few targets and try to play every day even if it's only for 15 minutes at a time. Play with other guitarists as soon as you can, you'll learn loads from other players.

Early on I bought a book called 'The Complete Guitarist', it's published by Dorling Kindersley and I still think it's a really useful book and worth the money. It doesn't just give some guidance on playing, it covers how guitars are made, different styles of music, basics of setting up, etc...

Good luck, and don't worry your fingertips will stop hirting after two or three weeks of playing every day.. :)

Cheers!

guitarguru

Reaction score
i was about to get one of those but i got my amp for super cheap so i ended up getting the LP100 instead.Nice package though

Latest Threads