Epiphone Les Paul replacement plastic parts

workerunit

Reaction score
I thought that I would post this as a sort of FYI. I wanted to replace the cream pickup rings, selector switch and control cavity covers on my Chinese made Epiphone 1960 Tribute and Traditional Pro with black parts.
I ordered these parts kits on Ebay from China, delivery to California took about 10 days.

The cavity covers fit perfectly on the Tribute, without any modifications.
The screw holes aligned as well as the factory covers. The tribute control cavity cover fit perfectly with only one screw hole in the body being about 1/2 hole out of alignement. A quick dowel insertion and redrill fixed that.

Unfortunately despite what the seller says, the pickup rings are for a flat top Epiphone guitar(just like the factory installed rings on the Trad. Pro) and would need to be modified to properly fit an arched top guitar like a Les Paul.

I have no interest in the sellers of these parts, and the link below is supplied solely for informational purposes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/w-Tracking-No-Pickguard-Ring-Cover-Plate-knobs-for-Epiphone-L-Paul-Standard-G067-/251047112958?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item3a7392f0fe

NovaSDF

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your parts troubles. Unfortunately, that's the nature of the beast. You have to be super cautious when ordering parts online, especially from Ebay. I find it's often better to go through a reputable dealer for somethings.

I had the same issue with my locking tuners, where the seller assured me they would exactly fit as replacement for the stock grovers using the existing holes. Like in your case, the holes didn't perfectly line up, but were off by about 1mm. I was able to make them work with a bit of sweat and cussing.

I guess it's a case of let the buyer beware with these things.

workerunit

Reaction score
All in all, I am happy with the deal, except for the pickup rings. I thing that it is amazing that the Chinese used flat pickup rings on my Trad Pro, and forced them into the curved top with the screws, legendary Chinese quality control I guess.

If I wanted to, I could use the pick up rings as is, like the Chinese did, but I find that unacceptable.

I have sourced some other Epiphone pick up rings on the 'bay from here in the USA, lets see how those work out....

fry

Reaction score
Allparts sells Epiphone rings, flat and curved. They are a direct fit. There are Ebay sellers that offer them, so you don't have to try to make Allparts' minimum order amount. You can buy cheaper rings, but I would rather pay a little more and have a guaranteed fit.

workerunit

Reaction score
Allparts sells Epiphone rings, flat and curved. They are a direct fit. There are Ebay sellers that offer them, so you don't have to try to make Allparts' minimum order amount. You can buy cheaper rings, but I would rather pay a little more and have a guaranteed fit.

Thanks, I will keep this under advisement.

Latest Threads