Epiphone Les Paul Prophecy 2020

darkvoice

Reaction score
New for 2020 Epiphone Prophecy models - anyone has one?

There are several versions - Les Paul, Flying V, SG, Explorer. These guitars have tons of upgrades: Fishman Fluence pickups, matte finish, custom style headstock with large diamond, etc. Supposedly these are great for metal.

Les Paul variant comes in 3 colors.
Epiphone-Prophecy-Collection401400x1050_LP.jpg

Tell us if you've got one!

Attachments

Last edited:

darkvoice

Reaction score
300 views and no replies. No love for Prophecy Les Paul on this board?

TeleDog

Pain in the Rear!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Back in the day, the Jr was different from the special. Real features, stuff you could measure.

Now, a paint job creates a new line? Same thing, different paint?

Wow, ok, I guess I have to adapt to this new world!

LuckyDan

Reaction score
I just read the spec list on the epi website and I was impressed. Ebony board, locking tuners, electronics that allow for a wide array of tones, and that red tiger finish is sexy as hell. Then I saw the slim neck and thought, damn it sounded great up till then. Still, I'd like to spend an evening with one.

LuckyDan

Reaction score
Thinking about it, but it's one of the most expensive Epiphones ever at $900!
If you have $900 for a single guitar, don't let that stop you. The high end epis tend to hold much of their value in the used market should you fall in love with something else down the road. If I hadn't just bought a 59, and a used D'Angelico, I'd be giving this serious thought. My next NGD is a ways off.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I just read the spec list on the epi website and I was impressed. Ebony board, locking tuners, electronics that allow for a wide array of tones, and that red tiger finish is sexy as hell. Then I saw the slim neck and thought, damn it sounded great up till then. Still, I'd like to spend an evening with one.
24 frets, too.

LuckyDan

Reaction score
I noticed that. A 5 octave guitar. And brushed nickel hardware. Some contoured cutaway on the back. This is a honey.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I like that they ditched the dual Dirty Fingers pickups. IMO, in the bridge, it’s too much a one-trick pony. In the neck, ridiculously overpowering. Those Fishman pups sound interesting.

LuckyDan

Reaction score
I played one, unplugged, yesterday at a store. (Got there at 5 minutes to 6, wrongly thinking they closed at 7, so as soon as I sat down with it, they were politely asking me to leave.)

Two things I loved immediately: The ebony board was luxury. Better looking than my Spanish made classical. Then, the extra frets. I can imagine myself spending a lot of time up in the higher registers with that thing.

I can't imagine being disappointed with the electronics when I get a chance to plug in, but just picking it unplugged it did not feel like the usual Les Paul experience. Very impressive instrument.

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Prophecy Extura and it is a killer guitar. It developed fret sprout after a few months but was an easy fix. Otherwise a great, well balanced guitar with a nice beefy neck and surprisingly versatile active pickups.

bytemare

Reaction score
Hi, I picked up one of these cheap. What a great guitar. Super easy access to high frets, fretwork is great, lots of high end features. I don't love the satin finish, but there are no flaws whatsoever.

bytemare

Reaction score
Actually, I'm not a fan of the satin finish. I just tried to polish the back the of neck and it now has a nice gloss to it. I think I'm going to polish the whole guitar and see if I can get it gloss.

LuthierVandross

Reaction score
Actually, I'm not a fan of the satin finish. I just tried to polish the back the of neck and it now has a nice gloss to it. I think I'm going to polish the whole guitar and see if I can get it gloss.
Is this the same kind of finish the 59 has??? If so be careful. Black really shows any flaws and that 59 finish can be easy to blow through.

LuthierVandross

Reaction score
Back in the day, the Jr was different from the special. Real features, stuff you could measure.

Now, a paint job creates a new line? Same thing, different paint?

Wow, ok, I guess I have to adapt to this new world!
Anyone with the internet can look up specs and see this is not close to the previous or other guitars in their.....
Wait a second.... “tele” dog?
As in Teletubbies?
Or telecaster?
B6DC376E-90CD-44FD-B995-F8919E8BC205.png

either way, this probably isnt the guitar for you sir....

bytemare

Reaction score
Is this the same kind of finish the 59 has??? If so be careful. Black really shows any flaws and that 59 finish can be easy to blow through.
Well, that's a good question. I have no idea. I did the back of the neck and it looks good, and I'm not sanding, just using fine cut cleaner and swirl remover. But thanks for the tip, I'll be extra careful!!!

Great guitar though and I'm really impressed with it.

Latest Threads