Epiphone Les Paul Junior '57 reissue TV yellow

vylan

Reaction score
I'm looking for a used Epiphone Les Paul Junior '57 reissue TV yellow. I've seen a few on this site and I was wondering if there were any deals to be had. Thanks for the info!

rem22

Reaction score
Hello new member (yes, we say hello here :p )

Glad to meet you, we are happy to know about you and your guitars, that's a cool story ! It's impressive how many guitars you have, and what good tastes you have,muscially-wise :)

I think this is not a "for sale" or an ads part of the forum.
We are here to discuss about Epiphone, not to sell them.

I wish you good luck finding this nice guitar.

tragewombat

Reaction score
What's with your join date btw Oct 2013. Is the site wonky or have you been lurking for a year? :)

Pop1655

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
We all are! Welcome to the chase. :cheers:

Pop1655

Reaction score
.....probably the makings of a good reality TV show

vylan

Reaction score
Yah, I had registered a while ago, but I haven't really viewed this site. Is there a search feature? I'll check out the for sale section, I'm still learning my way around this forum. I got offered to buy an Epiphone '57 reissue Les Paul Junior in vintage sunburst for $250 on craigslist, but I'd rather have a TV yellow one. Thanks for the help!

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Yah, I had registered a while ago, but I haven't really viewed this site. Is there a search feature? I'll check out the for sale section, I'm still learning my way around this forum. I got offered to buy an Epiphone '57 reissue Les Paul Junior in vintage sunburst for $250 on craigslist, but I'd rather have a TV yellow one. Thanks for the help!

$250 seems to good to be true....

Just make sure it has the set-neck......

Les Paul Junior - The Unofficial Epiphone Wiki

Brians Evil Twin

Poophoria Sōtō Zen
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Dude, if it's the one in Danvers with the Lollar and Tonepros bridge, you'd better snag it while you can, you won't see a deal like that again for a dog's age if ever. The case and hardware alone are worth $250, it's like getting the Jr for free.

If I still lived in Boston it'd be so gone. http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/msg/4712144266.html

cgm

Reaction score
Dude, if it's the one in Danvers with the Lollar and Tonepros bridge, you'd better snag it while you can, you won't see a deal like that again for a dog's age if ever. The case and hardware alone are worth $250, it's like getting the Jr for free.

If I still lived in Boston it'd be so gone. Epiphone Les Paul jr 57 reissue

Wow, small world... I have been in contact with the owner for the past few days. It looks like i will be picking it up Monday as he is not available this weekend. I really don't need a new guitar right now, but I am pretty sure that this is a no-brainer at this price. If/When I need to move it, I can't imagine I would lose on this.

Here are some pics the seller emailed me... anything jumping out at any of you guys that should concern me?

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
I think the '57 RI LesPaul Junior' had been made later than 06.....:hmm:

IIRC it was around 2009-10

Pop1655

Reaction score
It concerns me greatly that it's going to be at your house instead of mine!

cgm

Reaction score
I think the '57 RI LesPaul Junior' had been made later than 06.....:hmm:

IIRC it was around 2009-10

Are you saying that you are not sure if the sn makes sense for production of the set-neck Lp Jr's? Unfortunately the wiki doesn't mention the years of the 57 Re-Issue. Les Paul Junior - The Unofficial Epiphone Wiki

Should I be worried? I trust the collective minds of this forum to know more about these things than anyone else!

It concerns me greatly that it's going to be at your house instead of mine!

Depending on what the household CFO thinks... it might be put up f/s here for what I paid (well... will pay) plus shipping. This seems like a sweet deal, but then again, I picked up my Gibson LP Jr. Special in practically new condition for $325 from CL over a year ago. http://s210.photobucket.com/user/higgins41/library/les paul junior special?sort=3&page=1
I really like the neck p90 in that, but I kind of wish the bridge was a bit hotter. Hopefully this one will do that! I have never played either an Epi Lp Jr or any guitar with a Lollar pickup. I am kind of excited to get my Blackberry Smoke on with this thing!

Brians Evil Twin

Poophoria Sōtō Zen
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Wow, small world... I have been in contact with the owner for the past few days. It looks like i will be picking it up Monday as he is not available this weekend. I really don't need a new guitar right now, but I am pretty sure that this is a no-brainer at this price. If/When I need to move it, I can't imagine I would lose on this.

Glad to see it's going to someone here. Nothing jumps out and it should be a winner, but check for neck cracks at the nut and body, or any other foolishness. A poorly cut nut and neck bow/string buzz can be easily addressed.

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Are you saying that you are not sure if the sn makes sense for production of the set-neck Lp Jr's? Unfortunately the wiki doesn't mention the years of the 57 Re-Issue. Les Paul Junior - The Unofficial Epiphone Wiki

Should I be worried? I trust the collective minds of this forum to know more about these things than anyone else!

The one you're looking at seems to be one of the earliest, Jan 06
and i fixed the wiki :D

though the tuners do look like early korean craftmanship :naughty:

cgm

Reaction score
The one you're looking at seems to be one of the earliest, Jan 06
and i fixed the wiki :D

though the tuners do look like early korean craftmanship :naughty:

Yah... I did notice that. As long as it holds a tune, I will deal with a crooked tuner. I am pretty sure that this originally came with Grovers... I imagine that whoever installed the Klusons tried to re-use the hole that was already drilled from the stock tuners.

Brians Evil Twin

Poophoria Sōtō Zen
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yah... I did notice that. As long as it holds a tune, I will deal with a crooked tuner. I am pretty sure that this originally came with Grovers... I imagine that whoever installed the Klusons tried to re-use the hole that was already drilled from the stock tuners.
Yes the '57 RIs came with Grover kidney beans.

All the bolt-ons have El-Cheapo® pressed metal tuners.

rem22

Reaction score
Nice one, but to me the special custom is a tV yellow ;)

Latest Threads