Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro vs Black Beauty 3

Plug

Reaction score
The BB3 is an awesome guitar... I am currently in the process of rewiring and repupping mine to make it even more awesome. Already added a Bigsby, roller bridge and tronical tuners... when the rewiring is done it will be AMAZING!

I don't really like the stock pups in either, so if you are considering changing them I would go with the BB3... if you are planning to keep it stock the CP Burstbuckers are probably a little better than the BB3 alnicos...
Can you post pics once you finish? :D

cgm

Reaction score
If you want an Epi BB3 w/ a bigsby... there are a few of these out there with factory bigsby's.

Mine is a 97. It even has a volute on the neck.

I found this one on a local Craig's List. I could only find one or two other BB3's w/ factory bigsby on Google Images, so I am assuming these are few and far between. I have also seen a few other standards w/ the factory bigsby... I wonder why they use b5's instead of b7's on the older epis.

Plug

Reaction score
If you want an Epi BB3 w/ a bigsby... there are a few of these out there with factory bigsby's.

Mine is a 97. It even has a volute on the neck.

I found this one on a local Craig's List. I could only find one or two other BB3's w/ factory bigsby on Google Images, so I am assuming these are few and far between. I have also seen a few other standards w/ the factory bigsby... I wonder why they use b5's instead of b7's on the older epis.
What's the difference between the Epiphone Bigsby and the B7 Bigsby?

cgm

Reaction score
What's the difference between the Epiphone Bigsby and the B7 Bigsby?
This seems to be either a b5 or b50 that was manufactured for Epi. Usually, the b5's are for flat top guitars... Apparently, the epi is flat enough for it. I don't have a b7, so I have never directly compared the two.
Here are pics I found on google.

El Kabong

Reaction score
I went for the B7 with the Vibramate V7-LP Adapter so that I could install it without drilling, and I can remove it (go back to the original bridge and tailpiece) if I want to at any time. A more non-invasive installation as opposed to the B5...

Plug

Reaction score
I went for the B7 with the Vibramate V7-LP Adapter so that I could install it without drilling, and I can remove it (go back to the original bridge and tailpiece) if I want to at any time. A more non-invasive installation as opposed to the B5...
I'll go with the B7 with the Vibramate V7-LP. :thumb:

cgm

Reaction score
I'll go with the B7 with the Vibramate V7-LP. :thumb:
If I had a BB3 w/a standard stop bar and t.o.m. bridge, I would also go this rout.

I figured I would let people know that there are a few of these out there. They don't even mention the Bigsby on the Epiphonewiki. I can't imagine the stock bigsby will add $ value during resale, so you could save $150 or so on the Bigsby and Vibramate.

Latest Threads