Epiphone Joe Bonamassa Limited Edition Les Paul

steelers

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm new to the forum so please bear with me if I ask something that has been asked in the past. I recently purchased a Bonamassa Epiphone Les Paul. The guitar is in perfect shape however, the G string constantly goes out of tune. When I took it to the guitar shop they said it's normal. It is not normal to me and I have been using a Squier Telecaster for 5 years. I can still return the guitar because I have 30 days to return it. I hate to return it but, I am concerned. Any suggestions on what might be happening and how it can be fixed?

Thanks!

-=[Shifty]=-

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm new to the forum so please bear with me if I ask something that has been asked in the past. I recently purchased a Bonamassa Epiphone Les Paul. The guitar is in perfect shape however, the G string constantly goes out of tune. When I took it to the guitar shop they said it's normal. It is not normal to me and I have been using a Squier Telecaster for 5 years. I can still return the guitar because I have 30 days to return it. I hate to return it but, I am concerned. Any suggestions on what might be happening and how it can be fixed?

Thanks!

Hey man.

First of all, congrats! :thumb:

If you haven't already, change the strings.
Also, you should lube the nut slots. Some graphite shavings from a #2 pencil usually do the trick.

Epi 57 classic

Reaction score
Wow, that is one damn sweet geetar. I'm not a huge Bonomassa fan, but it's gorgeous to look at. I like the gold sparkle paint and the dark backside.

Throw in some actual Gibson pups, long tenon and a case for the same price as an Epi Custom, and hundreds less than any other comparable Epi limited edition LP, except the Special Jr's, and I'm ready to pounce on one. Now, if I could only get the wife to somehow authorize this purchase...:hmm:

Just go for it :jam:

Latest Threads