Epiphone Joe Bonamassa Limited Edition Les Paul

orbm1

Reaction score
Still Waiting for the UPS truck... I am losing hope, I'll call in and let you know what happened... Going into band practice...

:wave:

orbm1

Reaction score
Both guitars are here... I will, however, unbox and take pic, clips, etc in a couple of hours, I need the guitars to reach room temperature, you can feel the boxes are FREEZING!

Omar :thumb:

Mike.B.

Reaction score
congrats omar!! can't wait to see pics. I've really been GASing for one of these. too bad I ain't got the money :laugh2:

you ordered two of 'em? are you gonna change the black plastics to white/cream on one of them? :D
DSC_0464.jpg

orbm1

Reaction score
congrats omar!! can't wait to see pics. I've really been GASing for one of these. too bad I ain't got the money :laugh2:

you ordered two of 'em? are you gonna change the black plastics to white/cream on one of them? :D

No... I wanted to order only one, but because of what happened with the tributes, I preorder one from MF and one from GC; I know they are the same company, but like we experienced with the Gibson tributes, orders are fulfilled in a weird way, and I wanted to MAKE SURE I got at least one... to my surprise, both guitars shipped on the same day, no chance to stop one of the shipments...

What I'll do is, I'll compare both, and keep the one I like the most, the other one I will return to either MF or GC, or sell it for what I paid to one forumite... I hope both guitars are golden (pun intended)

orbm1

Reaction score

DSC_0464.jpg

DARNED :wow:

I just saw the pic.... what a great idea :hmm:.... I got see if the wife approves :naughty: ... Thanks for the GAS! :cool:

Mike.B.

Reaction score
DARNED :wow:

I just saw the pic.... what a great idea :hmm:.... I got see if the wife approves :naughty: ... Thanks for the GAS! :cool:

you can never have too many goldtops, right? ;)

GoldtoneJR

Reaction score
I ordered mine from AMS on 11/2/2010 and as of 1/10/11 I still have not gotten the guitar. Originally it was supposed to be in mid November, and then late November, and then early December, and then late December, the last word was it was supposed to be in today 1/10/11. I called them and they still had no idea when they would be in. Lots of people have already gotten theirs from Musicians Freind and Guitar Center. I'm startin to get bummed out..

hank

Reaction score
Man, that IS a shame. Sorry for you. Good luck with a replacement. :fingersx:

pcorajr

Reaction score
Hey Got mine today.

WTF man, sorry to hear she got to you in such shape. Are you getting a replacement or are you going to attempt to get some cash back and have her fixed? What ever you do i hope the outcome is good. Good luck

Ruttin

Reaction score
WTF man, sorry to hear she got to you in such shape. Are you getting a replacement or are you going to attempt to get some cash back and have her fixed? What ever you do i hope the outcome is good. Good luck

Yes this really sucks for sure,I contacted them as soon as I got it,I couldn't even look at it when it got here,I had my wife open the case I just had a feeling I guess. Zzounds says I should get a replacement as they have some still coming. I'm hopin' this is true and the old chain is not just getting yanked. Hope for all those still waiting I hope yours come's in in great shape. And the Saga continues.

Hey Joe we need a spoke's person.:dunno:

markerdown

Reaction score
Ruttin,
Was yours packed with bubble wrap around the headstock and the styrofoam doughnut around the switch? That shouldn't have happened in a HSC. It may have been cracked at the factory and their QC missed it or seriously abused during shipping. That just makes me sick when I see that pic.

I had some issues with zzounds before and won't deal with them again. I deal with MF pretty much exclusively. Great CS and are very responsive.

I hope you get this settled and a new replacement axe. I'd yank em for a discount coupon on your next purchase or some sort of comp.

Ruttin

Reaction score
Hey There
Donut around the switch ,yes,bubble wrap around the neck no. The box did seem to have been opened and retaped,I thought maybe this was done in Tenn. when Gibby inspected it,like they say they are suppose to. :rolleyes:.

-=[Shifty]=-

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hey There
Donut around the switch ,yes,bubble wrap around the neck no. The box did seem to have been opened and retaped,I thought maybe this was done in Tenn. when Gibby inspected it,like they say they are suppose to. :rolleyes:.

Yes, they do that before they ship the guitars to the dealers.
I don't think it was sent to you directly from Gibson, was it?

Ruttin

Reaction score
-=[Shifty]=-;2431893 said:
Yes, they do that before they ship the guitars to the dealers.
I don't think it was sent to you directly from Gibson, was it?

No it came from Zzounds. When I called them back they told me they don't open them ,they just fill the orders and ship them. But heres one thing that seems odd,and I may just be picking at them but I did notice that when you get one from M.F, they state that shipping weight is 24.8 pounds,Zzounds shipping weight was 23.6 ? Maybe a little more packing ?

But at least I still got my old stand by. LOL

Latest Threads