Epiphone Joe Bonamassa 'Lazarus' 59 Les Paul Standard Owners Thread

rbraad68

Reaction score
Wonder if they'll ever get to this point:

Nice guitar but no way am i paying 7k for it!! I will just be happy with the pelham blue epi i have.

syco

Reaction score
Wonder if they'll ever get to this point:
Since it's a Gibson & This is an Epiphone Forum ....... So I will say ....... Nope !

noodlingguitars

Reaction score
Nice guitar but no way am i paying 7k for it!! I will just be happy with the pelham blue epi i have.
That's just batshit crazy. You can get 3 Pelham blue Gibby classics (the P90 one) for that....

*EDIT* I hadn't clicked and didn't read the description properly. Thought it was just a random pelham blue LP. Now I realize its the one with the funky headstock from the CS. Then 7k isn't too crazy...

Last edited:

Spirit

Reaction score
Epi Pelham blue bonnamassa £700, no brainier if you want one ,and it has a normal headstock

rbraad68

Reaction score
Epi Pelham blue bonnamassa £700, no brainier if you want one ,and it has a normal headstock
I own one man 2016 Stabdard Pelham Blue....
blue done 01.jpg

rbraad68

Reaction score
Thx man! Great playing guitar but I never play it. It has that really thin neck profile .. Just wall art at this point.

rbraad68

Reaction score
My friend hooked me up with this Dmarzio 36th pup. I love the Gibson Alnico 2's that I have in my JB Laz but.... I think I may swap the bridge pup for this 36th??? Here's what it would look like. Think I am going to put the pup into night??? It does look a little darker than the neck pup though.

Dimarzio 36th 01.jpg

rbraad68

Reaction score
Dimarzio 36th 03.jpg
Dimarzio 36th 04.jpg
Dimarzio 36th 05.jpg
Dimarzio 36th 06.jpg
OK Guys I got the pup installed and tuned up. Wierd situation going on here... The Gibson Alnico2 neck pup is 8.89 where as the 36th A5is pretty much the same output of 8.86 ... Now i am trying to balance then out so i have seperation in the two pups when in the middle position. I have the neck pup almost lowered through the pickup ring.. I like the way this new pup sounds I think it is going to stay right where it is.!! A little tweek here in there i can dial this in....

noodlingguitars

Reaction score
I have to say.. I really like these 59's!! I am working on getting another 59 husk to build. But all this medical shit sucks... I want another 59 bad GAS GAS GAS im telling you!!! View attachment 648405
Hope you get through the medical thing soon... I wouldn't worry too much about the GAS for now - that's never getting treated :D

rbraad68

Reaction score
Hope you get through the medical thing soon... I wouldn't worry too much about the GAS for now - that's never getting treated :D
Yeah the big ass hole i had on the side of my foot has healed up but i still missing a lot of bone that goes down the side of your foot. Surgen says for now I should be good. If it gets infected again i am going to lose that side of my foot :( So hopefullu that doesn't happen...

rbraad68

Reaction score
Going through my LP's a deciding what ones i will keep and what ones i will sell?? I don't plan on ever selling any of my 59's. I just about got them where I want them. The JB Laz is good for now but i am sure my OCD will make me either pull that cream 36 out or get another cream pup for the neck. The Gold one and my ADB are the heavy ones and the other 2 are much lighter. I would guess about 10-10.5 pounds on the ADB and the gold one. Prob about 8-9 pounds on the ASF and Lazz. I really need to order a scale to add to my guitar tool kit I am slowly creating.

59s 01.jpg

Last edited:

rbraad68

Reaction score
I wasn't sure if you already had this one or not?? Definitely got a sweet top for sure!!

Latest Threads