Epiphone Joe Bonamassa 'Lazarus' 59 Les Paul Standard Owners Thread

syco

Reaction score
So, I pre-ordered one from MF on February 1, assuming that they were already totally sold out and that there were not going to be any more produced, but figured what the heck, if it comes in, awesome, if not, I'm not out anything.

Well, I talked to MF last week, and they said that Epiphone told them they would be in at the beginning of August. If it comes in, I will post it up!
I pre- ordered 1 on 7-11-22 from MF and they cancelled my order today .No reason ...... just cancelled . I figure I was probably to far down the list when they do get any in . ZZ and GC are my last hopes . Good luck to you .

Reactions: GS1

rbraad68

Reaction score
Those JB models are done. Only hope left to get something close to the JB is going to be the lemon burst that's being offered now. They should be releaseing the new JB model soon....

fry

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pre- ordered 1 on 7-11-22 from MF and they cancelled my order today .No reason ...... just cancelled . I figure I was probably to far down the list when they do get any in . ZZ and GC are my last hopes . Good luck to you .
Guitar Center owns Musician’s Friend. It’s strange that they cancelled your order, because both websites still have the guitar listed for pre-order. That company is famous for listing stuff they don’t have, and aren’t going to get. I don’t know why they do that.

syco

Reaction score
Guitar Center owns Musician’s Friend. It’s strange that they cancelled your order, because both websites still have the guitar listed for pre-order. That company is famous for listing stuff they don’t have, and aren’t going to get. I don’t know why they do that.
Yup !

Attachments

• laz 2.jpg
    laz 2.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 38
  • laz.jpg
    laz.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 36

pondcaster

Reaction score
They do sometimes occasionally show up online GC used for generally much less than the sellers are seeking on reverb and other places...fwiw. Seen a few over the last few weeks.

I'm not in the market but I've noticed you have to be quick to get one, at those lower prices.

syco

Reaction score
They do sometimes occasionally show up online GC used for generally much less than the sellers are seeking on reverb and other places...fwiw. Seen a few over the last few weeks.

I'm not in the market but I've noticed you have to be quick to get one, at those lower prices.
Might get one used in a few years . Not all , but a majority of them I have seen have been " modified " . Nothing wrong with that ...... but I prefer to "experience " a guitar the way it was offered and then if I don't like it ...... change it .

musiccitycustomguitars

Reaction score
I picked up a NOS one this past week on eBay. Case (with all the candy) still has the plastic on the handle and the pickups still have the plastic. Came with a little foam circle to protect the switch tip, which I'd not seen before. Its top is not nearly as beautiful as some of the ones I've seen on here, so I imagine someone ordered a few and this was the runt. Still, it's beautiful to me AND has a nicely slotted nut and no sharp fret ends - a player pretty much straight out of the box. Came with all the original packaging as well. Since I paid original list with free shipping, I feel lucky.
20220821_180631.jpg
20220821_180635.jpg
20220821_180653.jpg

rbraad68

Reaction score
I picked up a NOS one this past week on eBay. Case (with all the candy) still has the plastic on the handle and the pickups still have the plastic. Came with a little foam circle to protect the switch tip, which I'd not seen before. Its top is not nearly as beautiful as some of the ones I've seen on here, so I imagine someone ordered a few and this was the runt. Still, it's beautiful to me AND has a nicely slotted nut and no sharp fret ends - a player pretty much straight out of the box. Came with all the original packaging as well. Since I paid original list with free shipping, I feel lucky. View attachment 629704 View attachment 629705 View attachment 629706

Congrats man!! Did you get a decent price on this ?? I like it man got a good look to it for sure...

**EDIT**

Never mind I see you paid list on the guitar. That's a great deal man. A lot of people tried to make money off these guitars which i think is wrong!!!

Last edited:

fry

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of people tried to make money off these guitars which i think is wrong!!!
A lot of people are still trying to make money on them. Plenty of listings on Reverb that are way over priced, and they are just sitting there for months and months. There was a used one on GC for $799 that sat there for a long time, people aren’t going to pay $1200 – $1500 for these things.

Spirit

Reaction score
Still a few for sale in uk,prices vary from £700-1200 ,various quality of tops,depending on what you like,looks like a couple of really nice tops on some

but the slash les Paul is now available brand new for only £599,all colours,including appetite burst.would I pay 1200 for a used laz,nope but each to there own.

rbraad68

Reaction score
Still a few for sale in uk,prices vary from £700-1200 ,various quality of tops,depending on what you like,looks like a couple of really nice tops on some

but the slash les Paul is now available brand new for only £599,all colours,including appetite burst.would I pay 1200 for a used laz,nope but each to there own.
LOL the slash is going for 599 what is that in USA dollars? And no I would deff not pay 1200 for a JB Laz ....

rbraad68

Reaction score
710 us dollars ,there are some bargain priced epis in the uk
That is about avg price. You did great man. I see them for around 749 on GC site. I am not sure if these guitars are going to go up in value or not with time ? They are really nice playing guitars so even if they don't go up ? They still make a great LP over the regular ones...

rbraad68

Reaction score
Bump!! Took me 5 minutes to find this thread!! Wish they would pin this to the first page....

rbraad68

Reaction score
OK now that i found the 59/Laz thread 4 pages deep... I wanted to post my 3 favorite 59's all together. I have one more that needs a little love but these are the 3 I am going to keep. I plan on purging some of my Epiphone LP's. Got pulled out of work again friday trying to save this foot . I may loose my foot and need to raise some money...
three favorite 59s 01.jpg

rbraad68

Reaction score
Yeah you deff got lucky on that one!!! Love the top man again congrats!! More pics when it gets to you....

Latest Threads