Epiphone Joe Bonamassa 'Lazarus' 59 Les Paul Standard Owners Thread

frehley76

Reaction score
Lazarus.jpg

elephantrider

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not the biggest fan, either, but this one will be moth balled with a few other epi's I have stashed.

:thumbs:

49thz

Reaction score
Found 1 at my local GC 2 weeks ago. They didn't even know what a Lazarus was! Neither did I 2 days earlier! Somehow I own 1 now! My 1st epi as I've been skeptical of China guitar's. Giving the truss some time to adjust-- .018 when I got it. Final ✔ tomorrow and rest of setup. Nice top if I can get it to post?

Surfcaster

Reaction score
I purchased my Lazarus the second day it was available from Joe B's store and was able to get the cool strap through there. I am thrilled with the top, it looks absolutely beautiful! The only minor issues...two frets were slightly high, but I was able to level and crown them easily. Then I polished all the frets, they were a bit gritty, and gave the fretboard a nice lemon oil treatment. I was able to get the action nice and low, but not too low, because I'm an old school bender. The tone is fantastic!
Epi_Lazarus_A.jpg
Epi_Lazarus_B.jpg
Epi_Lazarus_C.jpg
Epi_Lazarus_D.jpg

Last edited:

pondcaster

Reaction score
I purchased my Lazarus the second day it was available from Joe B's store. I was able to get the cool strap. I was thrilled with the top, it looks absolutely beautiful! The only minor issues...two frets were slightly high, but I was able to level and crown them easily. Then I polished all the frets, they were a bit gritty, and gave the fretboard a nice lemon oil treatment. I was able to get the action nice and low, but not too low, because I'm an old school bender. The tone is fantastic! View attachment 569438 View attachment 569439 View attachment 569440 View attachment 569441

Gorgeous Laz, congratz!

DrBGood

Reaction score
I purchased my Lazarus the second day it was available from Joe B's store and was able to get the cool strap through there. I am thrilled with the top, it looks absolutely beautiful! The only minor issues...two frets were slightly high, but I was able to level and crown them easily. Then I polished all the frets, they were a bit gritty, and gave the fretboard a nice lemon oil treatment. I was able to get the action nice and low, but not too low, because I'm an old school bender. The tone is fantastic! View attachment 569438 View attachment 569439 View attachment 569440 View attachment 569441
Amongst one of the great tops ! Love it.

fordfanjpn

Reaction score
I purchased my Lazarus the second day it was available from Joe B's store and was able to get the cool strap through there. I am thrilled with the top, it looks absolutely beautiful! The only minor issues...two frets were slightly high, but I was able to level and crown them easily. Then I polished all the frets, they were a bit gritty, and gave the fretboard a nice lemon oil treatment. I was able to get the action nice and low, but not too low, because I'm an old school bender. The tone is fantastic! View attachment 569439

Looks great! Love the top. Did you replace the bridge and tailpiece?

fordfanjpn

Reaction score
IMG_2205.JPG

I replaced the tailpiece, studs, bridge and posts with parts from Faber. I have a set of Mules and pots coming from Bare Knuckle so I'll completely rewire it when I get those. The final touch will probably be some more vintage looking knobs and tuners.

Latest Threads