Epiphone Joe Bonamassa 'Lazarus' 59 Les Paul Standard Owners Thread

Surfcaster

Reaction score
I was never a big fan of Joe, never disliked him either. I only went to his website to buy this guitar. Man, that guy has more stuff for sale than Walmart!
Some of the stuff is NUTS...Guitar Ashtrays, a gazillion t-shirts, Bobble heads...posters! I actually bought a really cool ty-dyed t-shirt for $19, and the quality is top notch.

LuthierVandross

Reaction score
That second one I ran through the decoder and found:
Your guitar was made at the
Qingdao Plant (Epiphone), China
on July, 2021
Production Number: 36214

the numbers on theseunfortunately do not distinguish a model and I’m sure these were ran with several other models at the same time. So if this is right, this is the 36,214th one that was built in 2021.

fry

Reaction score
They just went up another couple hundred!:rofl:
I had been toying around with the idea of buying another one to flip for some profit. I guess I waited too long. I hesitated because they don’t seem to be selling fast at the inflated prices. Maybe that will change now that they are truly sold out.

hepsen

Reaction score
I had been toying around with the idea of buying another one to flip for some profit. I guess I waited too long. I hesitated because they don’t seem to be selling fast at the inflated prices. Maybe that will change now that they are truly sold out.
To be honest, whilst one of mine was listed on Reverb, the view rate was high but not the offers. Also seeing others hanging there for a while and some prices went down a bit. I think it will need a while until you would find buyers for that prices.
With stock exchange you might be faster at the upcharge. E.g. I bought one of these E-Mobility/Rocket guys that was appr. the price of Lazarus and it went up quite well. I found that easier as selling Lazarus :laugh2:

darkvoice

Reaction score
Well... Looks like the Hype is going down now. The excitement for the new yearly Epiphone Joe B. guitar has come and gone.
It's expected, interest cooled off faster than for other new Epiphones and Joe's signatures. I think it's the questions of saturation. Yes, Epiphone's been releasing a lot of awesome guitars, but no one is going to buy each and every model. They are not that much different and once you have couple guitars with Pro Buckers or Burstbuckers - there's little reason for you to add another LP with the same electronics.
Same with JB - he's been very active with annual releases, but seriously - who needs 3-4-5 Joe's signatures?

USTTRM

Reaction score
I think if you own the Epiphone 59’ and/or the Lazarus you pretty much have the best that I personally think Epiphone can put out now or going forward without cutting in the Gibson Standard market. All off his signature models?The Norm burst is a hard pass just in itself. What happened between that and the Lazarus everything build/finish wise is my question.

LuthierVandross

Reaction score
you pretty much have the best that I personally think Epiphone can put out now or going forward without cutting in the Gibson Standard market.
yeah it would be amazing if they brought the Elitist (later name changed to Elite) Series back.
I have one that was stripped back to the wood for a restoration; needless to say, will be resto-modded

darkvoice

Reaction score
I think if you own the Epiphone 59’ and/or the Lazarus you pretty much have the best that I personally think Epiphone can put out now or going forward without cutting in the Gibson Standard market. All off his signature models?The Norm burst is a hard pass just in itself. What happened between that and the Lazarus everything build/finish wise is my question.
I am sure next year they will come up with something new, like LP 57, or 59 in a different color. Plus don't forget about Joe, he will manage to hunt down another vintage guitar, which will be made in next signature.

LuthierVandross

Reaction score
I am sure next year they will come up with something new, like LP 57, or 59 in a different color. Plus don't forget about Joe, he will manage to hunt down another vintage guitar, which will be made in next signature.
Yeah the 59 outfit I picked up, I was trying to make an E7 (Epiphone version of an R7) goldtop. I think if I can find another one for cheap, I will do that.
Im hoping Epiphone puts out a Pearly Gates sig….

Latest Threads