Epiphone Joe Bonamassa 'Lazarus' 59 Les Paul Standard Owners Thread

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I made a couple more tweaks to my setup and wow, what a player! The guitar feels/plays fantastic, even with a neck that is a little bigger than I like, it does really feel great. I had so much fun playing her yesterday after those final tweaks, I lost track of time playing and almost forgot to go pickup my wife. haha

Last edited:

elephantrider

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
what measurements are you running with your set up?

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I don't know the exact measurements, I go by feel and eye, which is why if it needs more work I have to take it to a Luthier. I run a Medium to Medium Low Action. I have thought about it a few times to get a set of files for adjusting the nut as well as a few more proper tools and such, but I am more than likely going to mess it up. lol

I can adjust the truss rod a bit, the action and set the intonation which I do from time to time. But... if it needs anything more, I take it to a professional so it is done right.

Last edited:

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I my line of work, I do what I do every day and I do it very well. I get a bit nervous when someone else comes in and messes with my stuff, I don't want it getting messed up or malfunctioning, I mean I work with a Hospital and it needs to be running perfectly. If I mess with a guitar 2-3/ or 4-5 times a year anymore than I mentioned above, that is just guess work really, compared to someone who does it many times every day. I figure I will leave anything beyond the basics to someone who does it all the time and has it down to a science.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I would think a lot more of us here at MLP have this guitar, there were like around 600-1000 sold so far.

omm

Reaction score
Mine arrived today - looks good, though it's missing the top to the pickup selector switch!

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I would agree even though the yellow is much uglier than the pink lol
I think an Ebony Les Paul Custom looks best in a case with the Yellow or White fur lining. A yellow guitar needs Black or Pink fur lining. :thumb:

fry

Reaction score
Mine arrived today - looks good, though it's missing the top to the pickup selector switch!
Yeah, I believe the high-end Gibson models always ship with the switch chip removed, down in the storage compartment. A certain amount of pressure on top of the case can cause the switch tip to break.

omm

Reaction score
Found it - turns out it was wrapped inside of a t-shirt that was included.

Latest Threads