Epiphone Joe Bonamassa Lazarus 1959 Les Paul Standard - new JB signature guitar

USTTRM

Reaction score
1450.00 high on Reverb. The GC price is a bargain!

blackspider57

Reaction score
I just saw Guitar Center selling a pre-owned Lazarus for $1250...
Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 11.52.41 AM.png

darkvoice

Reaction score
It's nice, but $1249.00? Hum???
I know, especially considering that you can find a pre-owned Gibson LP (Trad or Classic) at GC for jest few hundred dollars more or Gibson LP Studio or Tribute for several hundred cheaper than Lazarus (under $1000).

darkvoice

Reaction score
You can also still backorder them for $899. Anyone who pays more than that is an idiot. Period.
Sure, you can backorder it - but will you ever get it?

I have Alex Lifeson on backorder for months and it does not look like it will come through.

Seven

Reaction score
Sure, you can backorder it - but will you ever get it?

I have Alex Lifeson on backorder for months and it does not look like it will come through.
Should have worded it better. It's not worth a penny more than $899. And actually could have been had new for much less.

DrBGood

Reaction score
You can also still backorder them for $899. Anyone who pays more than that is an idiot. Period.
It's not every guitar player that is a member on a forum that anally analyses specific guitar models :rofl:

efstop

Small amps ^^ are fun
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not every guitar player that is a member on a forum that anally analyses specific guitar models :rofl:

You need to peruse the Gibson model specific forums, eh? ;)
Trads, Standards, MLs, Customs, Juniors, Specials, SGs... should I go on?

darkvoice

Reaction score
It's official, there will be no more Lazarus guitars made.

Page at Musician's Friend changed from Back Ordered to Unavailable (see pic).

Sweetwater shows Lazarus as "is no longer available" as well.

It's also gone from Guitar Center site.

Lazarus_GONE.png

rbraad68

Reaction score
I think this guitar is definitely worth 1k. It is really a fantastic guitar, which feels/plays/looks and sounds great.
Here is the money shot, 3k vs 1k where both of these feel/play and sound great.

View attachment 590372
Yeah man i'm glad i got one before they are all gone. No way would have paid what people are asking on reverb ! I would just have to do without one.That JB you pictured above is really good looking. Nice top on that thing too...

efstop

Small amps ^^ are fun
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's one available on Reverb for $2,900...
One available "to order" from a store east of Montreal, PQ for $940

fry

Reaction score
No way would have paid what people are asking on reverb !
I haven’t looked lately, but there were a bunch on Reverb just sitting there at inflated prices. I think people bought them planning to flip them for a big profit and it’s just not happening.

Jim85IROC

Reaction score
I haven’t looked lately, but there were a bunch on Reverb just sitting there at inflated prices. I think people bought them planning to flip them for a big profit and it’s just not happening.
Last time I looked, the "sold" listings seemed to all be in the $1k range, and chances are, a lot of them accepted offers below the asking price.

Now that it's apparently become official that no more Lazaruses are coming, there may be a bit of a bump, but I think the lemon burst 59s from Anderton's will prevent the Lazarus from going way up like some of the other Bonamassa runs did

rjwilson37

Reaction score
The Anderton's are a bit more yellow, not as much of a Dirty Lemon Burst on those from what I've seen. Other than that, they are pretty much the same. I think a mint Joe B. Lazarus with all case candy will still go for a pretty penny now that they are all gone. I'm keeping mine, it's fantastic.

Latest Threads