Epiphone Joe Bonamassa Lazarus 1959 Les Paul Standard - new JB signature guitar

mjbarefo

Reaction score
What did you polish it with?
I polished them by hand with Meguiars Scratch X. I got the Scratch Eraser Kit from Wal-Mart and just went slowly by hand with a microfiber applicator until I got the shine I was looking for!

Seven

Reaction score

gibsonroxs524

Reaction score
WOW, just WOW - wood texture on top looks perfect!

Enjoy your new guitar!
Thanks! Ordered sight unseen and then saw the grumblings about some tops not being as nice. I feel like I got lucky with this one. It’ll be a nice compliment to the 58 JB custom I have. These guitars are quite impressive for the money!

Seven

Reaction score
Somebody should start an owners thread so we can see all of these great guitars and the personal tweaks that some will do together.

MikeT57

Reaction score
You know what, Joe has a huge collection of historical Les Paul's that are rare and wonderful guitars. I am pretty sure he will not run out, since he probably uses the money he makes from getting these Epiphones out to us in a Limited run fashion every year at a reasonable price to help him purchase more. This is definitely a win/win situation for Epiphone, Joe and all of us, to claim something special from history. I know that the 58 BB last year and the 59 Standard this year are fantastic guitars and ones I wanted in my own collection. Some of the ones in the past, I was not really interested, but I am looking forward to next years and year after that, etc.... :thumb:

The 59 Standard 'Lazarus' for this year. I am not sure if the Poly/Aged Gloss finish will let the guitar breath the same as the Gibson Lazarus for the fantastic tone he gets from it, but I can't wait until my guitar comes tomorrow and find out.

How about everyone so far that has gotten there's, what kind of tone are you getting from your Lazarus? I will try and do a video to compare my 58 BB from last year to this years 59 Standard and see if we can hear the tonal differences.

Superb

gibsonroxs524

Reaction score
I’m really happy with the top I ended up with for sure!
B18F8B3F-EAF2-40F8-85F8-630EC4552D43.jpeg

HRC

Reaction score
I watched part 2 of his video. He got it all worked out. Just a couple quick tweaks with a screw driver and he was playing.
I don't think he'll be fixing the neck tone pot with that screwdriver.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Mine came. The setup was a little bit off as well as dry frets, so I tightened the truss rod a little, oiled the fretboard and put my favorite strings on it. It feels pretty good, the neck is a little bit thicker than I like, but not bad at all. I adjusted the pickups and she is sounding pretty good.

lazarus2.jpg
lazarus3.jpg
lazarus4.jpg
lazarus1.jpg

gibsonroxs524

Reaction score
Mine came. The setup was a little bit off as well as dry frets, so I tightened the truss rod a little, oiled the fretboard and put my favorite strings on it. It feels pretty good, the neck is a little bit thicker than I like, but not bad at all. I adjusted the pickups and she is sounding pretty good.

View attachment 565757 View attachment 565759 View attachment 565760 View attachment 565761
I love the dark streaks between the pickups. That’s what’s cool about these…they have such unique character. You’ll always know that one is yours.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I like the pickguard off, on everything but a Custom for the most part. I just put the screws back in, so I don't loose them in case I want to trade or sell the guitar. My Gibson Les Paul Studio HP came with no pickguard or the clip on kind, I can't remember.

jbash

Reaction score
Pickguard on- the way Les and God intended.

These are some great looking Epiphones.

Latest Threads