Epiphone Joe B Flying V Amos: 2nd Time's a Charm!

Would you keep, fix or just return?

• Keep, don't worry about it

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Find good tech and have fixed

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Return that turkey

Votes: 33 68.8%
  • Big fan of turtles

Votes: 5 10.4%

• Total voters

pondcaster

Reaction score
Brother just sent this to me, since I'm anti IG/FB/zuck... Kinda interesting.

Wondered if Gibson was gonna release any?

1659027385267.jpeg

Last edited:

pondcaster

Reaction score
Wounded Amos' journey continues... After yet another return.

Well, at least they've lowered the price to something sorta reasonable seeing it needs a lot of work.

But still same ridiculously inaccurate description. Same filthy, moldy case.

Edit: in fairness, after rereading they did update the description by adding the word "serious"... I'll say!

Last edited:

mjross

Reaction score
Wounded Amos' journey continues... After yet another return.

Well, at least they've lowered the price to something sorta reasonable seeing it needs a lot of work.

But still same ridiculously inaccurate description. Same filthy, moldy case.

Edit: in fairness, after rereading they did update the description by adding the word "serious"... I'll say!
They put the issues in the description but at least from what I can see, they don‘t show them. GC photos need serious improvement!

pondcaster

Reaction score
They put the issues in the description but at least from what I can see, they don‘t show them. GC photos need serious improvement!
Yep. Same two pics that's always been used.

syco

Reaction score
If it drops another $ 500 I might be inclined to snatch it up .

mjross

Reaction score
If it drops another $ 500 I might be inclined to snatch it up .
Yeah, remove the finish and do a mod for like the dude in post #127! I’d think that if there’s no serious structural damage, it might be a great husk to modify.

syco

Reaction score
Yeah, remove the finish and do a mod for like the dude in post #127! I’d think that if there’s no serious structural damage, it might be a great husk to modify.
If I was into V's ..... it's a steal at the price it's at . I hardly get rid of anything once I get it , so it has to be something I want ........ or cheap. LOL !

syco

Reaction score
"Saran wrap " the neck . Cut a piece of pvc pipe in half just bigger than neck . Can of spray foam . Make mold of neck . Section off/cut mold . Line with sandpaper . Slowly remove poly finish . VOILA !!!!! Satin neck .

pondcaster

Reaction score
If I was into V's ..... it's a steal at the price it's at . I hardly get rid of anything once I get it , so it has to be something I want ........ or cheap. LOL !
Fwiw, I have no idea what it would cost to "fix" that guitar but it was in rough shape.

From the "cracks in the finish" (wood is split next to the fretboard) to the truly awful case, to when I opened the case fur the first time and the output jack was dangling with the washer and nut rolling around inside the case.

Imo, Wounded Amos is worth maybe $250-300? That's for someone who doesn't want/need a case and is willing to do (or pay) a ton to get him in decent shape.

That being said, after playing him for about an hour, I knew I would get another one after returning that one. Those guitars are special.

rbraad68

Reaction score
Fwiw, I have no idea what it would cost to "fix" that guitar but it was in rough shape.

From the "cracks in the finish" (wood is split next to the fretboard) to the truly awful case, to when I opened the case fur the first time and the output jack was dangling with the washer and nut rolling around inside the case.

Imo, Wounded Amos is worth maybe $250-300? That's for someone who doesn't want/need a case and is willing to do (or pay) a ton to get him in decent shape.

That being said, after playing him for about an hour, I knew I would get another one after returning that one. Those guitars are special.
I thought you sorted this out a while back? Didn't you buy another one and return the first one? So you are going on a 3rd one??

pondcaster

Reaction score
I thought you sorted this out a while back? Didn't you buy another one and return the first one? So you are going on a 3rd one??
Nope, I'm loving the second one.

That listing is for the first one. It keeps getting bought and returned... Just an ongoing PSA to keep any of our MLP brethren from getting taken.

rbraad68

Reaction score
Nope, I'm loving the second one.

That listing is for the first one. It keeps getting bought and returned... Just an ongoing PSA to keep any of our MLP brethren from getting taken.
AHHH ok ... I don't see anyone being happy with that guitar at that price. I could see if it was bought for a project like the one guy did with that other one posted above. So you are happy with your new one? No issues? Thats great man!!

Dolebludger

Reaction score
I don’t think the ad for the OP’s first guitar is truthful. It says the guitar is in fair condition, which is a term meaning significant finish wear/damage. As has been posted before, this guitar has signs od significant structural issues. It should be advertised as a “luthier’s special” and priced accordingly.

pondcaster

Reaction score
AHHH ok ... I don't see anyone being happy with that guitar at that price. I could see if it was bought for a project like the one guy did with that other one posted above. So you are happy with your new one? No issues? Thats great man!!

Yeah, the second Amos is pretty much perfect. Feel incredibly fortunate to have gotten him at the price I did. Cannot say enough about these Vs. A real gem as far as feel, playability, looks and tones.

Top shelf, indeed. Sounds glorious thru my CVR and PJr. Very hard to put down, without a doubt.

And to further the continuing saga of Wounded Amos, he sold again yesterday afternoon (or did he?) so someone else has that to look forward to. Yikes!

Guessing he'll bounce back and show up on their used site within the next week or so?

Last edited:

Latest Threads