Epiphone JB on Ebay, you gotta see this!

lesterp

Reaction score
Headstock looks like it was cut down. Just seems weird with that short, stuby headstock.

RedGriz

Reaction score
Personally, I wouldn't have modified it the way he has, but kudos to him for at least being honest about it being an Epiphone made to look like a Gibson.

Bandit79

Reaction score
It's definitely a fake epiphone. The tailpiece studs are rounded when they should be squared off. No thumbwheels on the bridge. And as barcham said, through knobs are in the wrong position.

ahh I despise the headstock modification!

rjwilson37

Reaction score
The whole body is a little short, that is probably why the knobs are too far foward. Definatley a fake and not only a fake Epiphone, but a fake Gibson at that. People say no one every really goes through the trouble to make a fake Gibson, because people will know.

SJM

Epi Elitist Freak
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It's also missing the knob pointers and the strap locks. He probably figured that everyone would be captivated by the headstock "makeover" to notice anything else. I have a feeling he bought a Gibson fake and is trying to get rid of it.

I think I would agree. That's the best explanation I've heard yet. Somebody has a $550 bid on it. I hope he has sense enough to wise up before it's to late to do anything about it.

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
I contacted him and he said he bought it from Musician's Friend and has a receipt to prove it and modified it using stuff he got off ebay.

Bandit79

Reaction score
I contacted him and he said he bought it from Musician's Friend and has a receipt to prove it and modified it using stuff he got off ebay.

Talking is a scam artists bread and butter.

Hes so full of shit its pathetic.

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
I should buy it and then not pay for it and then ebay would be involved and I would let them know I refuse too pay based on the fact that it is a fake.

Ozzy

Reaction score
It's not a Epiphone, its a Gibson but yea its 100% fake!

straybeat

Reaction score

I think he's lying. I think it was a fake Chinese Gibson all along and when he couldn't sell it he used the converted Epi story? :hmm:

Latest Threads