Epiphone Inspired By 1955

Roxy13

Reaction score
Fatter and rounder than my R8 and my Trad too. It's the fatter neck I've in the arsenal, but I love it.

As for the gloss, the neck on mine is now shiny, because it will buff out while you play on it.
Thanks so much for the info. I would love a black custom, but I'm not sure I would get along with a neck that big. Maybe I will take my chances and return it if I don't. I'll need to think about it.

sasquatch

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the info. I would love a black custom, but I'm not sure I would get along with a neck that big. Maybe I will take my chances and return it if I don't. I'll need to think about it.
You had better be into fat bats for sure
just so you know this lil beater ain't joking

Last edited:

PierM

Premium Member
Reaction score
I would try it before to worry about. Honestly, it's one of the most comfy necks I have over here. It's fat, but rounder, so unless you are a shredder and/or you have very small hands, it's a pleasure to play.

Could also be that the new production, post 2016, have a smaller profile. That other guy was saying his 55 has a '59 profile, which is not really what I do have over here. Mine is one of the first batch they produced, could be that those where the only with the baseball bat profile.

Roxy13

Reaction score
You had better be into fat bats for sure
just so you know this lil beater ain't joking
My 83 SG had a big neck, but it's also been gone from my life for 20 years. In the meantime all my guitars had the 60s profile. I got a LP Traditional 2 months ago and there has been some adjustment. However, going even bigger than that, I'm kind of leery. And from the looking at this Epi online the stores are selling the heck out of them so it doesn't seem like I could get a chance to try it out first. Maybe SW would let me preorder but try it out in person first before I take it.

sasquatch

Reaction score
My 83 SG had a big neck, but it's also been gone from my life for 20 years. In the meantime all my guitars had the 60s profile. I got a LP Traditional 2 months ago and there has been some adjustment. However, going even bigger than that, I'm kind of leery. And from the looking at this Epi online the stores are selling the heck out of them so it doesn't seem like I could get a chance to try it out first. Maybe SW would let me preorder but try it out in person first before I take it.
It's more my own thing
I'm getting arthritis it seems, and this bugger wants to wear me out after some time
sending me grabbing for the 335
which fits me hand like the little glove it is

Last edited:

Roxy13

Reaction score
It's more my own thing
I'm getting arthritis it seems, and this bugger wants to wear me out after some time
sending me grabbing for the 335
which fits me hand like the little glove it is
Arthritis/carpal tunnel is my issue as well.

gsmacleod

Reaction score
How fat is this neck? Bigger than a LP Traditional?
I just recently got one but it is the fattest neck on any of my guitars. FWIW I have a Bonamassa Goldtop, '57 Jr Reissue, '59 and '60 Standards. It is closest to the :jb: but still chunkier.

Shane