-Epiphone Goldtop owners club-

Mr.JT

Reaction score
This is the exclusive tread for discussion, sharing, showing and asking questions for all the Epiphone Goldtop owners on the forum.

Please feel free to post pictures of your Goldtops or if they have a story to tell.

If you do NOT own one, you shall feel free to ask questions or tips.

Dangerous!!! It is possible that you will get tempted to get one yourself!

(This is an idea from another forum where this sorts of treads where really effective and was a great place to find information, pictures and help, hope this is ok)

Mr.JT

Reaction score
The list of Epiphone Goldtop guitars of Les Paul Forum | Gibson Epiphone - MyLesPaul.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------
____MEMBER_______YEAR___ TYPE_________________________________________________________POST.NR___SERIAL NUMBER

1._duaneflowers_____2007___-Epiphone Les paul Elitist 57' standard pluss_______________________________8____xx xx xx xxxxx
_____________________________Mods; sheptone tribute PAFs, Vitamin q's and a tundratone harness

2._duaneflowers_____2014___-Epiphone Les Paul Joe Bonamassa Signature Goldtop____________________________xx xx xx xxxxx
_____________________________Mods; Seymour Duncan Sigs and a custom trc

3._BigMike55________2001___-Epiphone Les Paul '56 Goldtop Reissue__________________________________10____xx xx xx xxxxx

4._LPofBorg_________2010___-Epiphone Les Paul Joe Bonamassa Signature Goldtop called "Goldzilla"________11____xx xx xx xxxxx
_____________________________Mods; custom trc"Ed walter", keystone tuners, CTS 550k pots,
___________________________________WD.022 PiO caps and wiring, custom harness and goldspeedknobs

5._cybermgk________2004___-Epiphone Les Paul '56 Goldtop_________________________________________13____xx xx xx xxxxx
_____________________________Mods; Small custom winder's modern P90s, Reflector knobs and pointers,
___________________________________Compton Compensated SS bridge, new brass shaft, Alpha pots
___________________________________Sprague Orange Drop caps.

6._gsmacleod__________?____-Epiphone Les Paul 56' Goldtop Reissue__________________________________14____xx xx xx xxxxx

7._gsmacleod__________?____-Epiphone Les Paul Joe Bonamassa Signature Goldtop____________________________xx xx xx xxxxx

8._robertoa1a__________?____-Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lynyrd Skynyrd Sygnatyr_____________________15____xx xx xx xxxxx

and so on...

Mr.JT

Reaction score
You can write up the goldtop(s) you own by posting username and guitar and model (also year, serial ,mods, country og state) and so on, if you like to. I will type it into post nr.2

dsmcl77

Reaction score
I am not an Epiphone gold top owner, but I am seriously thinking of buying a Joe Bonamassa gold top. There are some for sale where I live.

Does it worth the extra money?

Mr.JT

Reaction score
:applause: I just bought my first Joe Bonamassa signature 2days ago! Only played it for about 5hours but wow! I am impressed. I really like the sound in this on, very versitile and good sustain I think. I have other Epiphones and also a Gibson. Maybe a bit early to say this but this is the one I definitly like the most of my Les Paul guitars! Please for your one sake, go and try one!It has a larger neck then my other Les Paul's but I like it.

In my opinion the Bonamassa is worth the money it cost. :yesway:

edit: a new Epi goldtop standard cost about 300£ new in UK, so I would definetly pay the same or up to 100£ more for a good condition second hand if that was what you ment?

dsmcl77

Reaction score
Thx! I'll definitely look at it from what you said. :thumb:

El Kabong

Reaction score
2 GT Epis here...

2007 Elitist '57 Standard Plus with Sheptone Tribute PAFs, Vitamin Qs and a Tundratone Harness
2014 Joe Bonamassa Sig with Seymour Duncan Bonamassa Sigs, stock electronics & custom TRC

Here pictured along with a Gibby cousin...

goldtops.jpg

Mr.JT

Reaction score
Please do! And if its not fare from your home. Ask to come and try it. Play it and see if it likes you:) thats the best way.

BigMike55

Reaction score
I have a 2001 '56 Goldtop Reissue Epi. She sings like an angel. Also have a 2013 Gibson Sig T Goldtop.

LPofBorg

Warranty Voider
Reaction score
2010 Epiphone Joe Bonamassa GT owner. Bought around April 2014.
When "Goldzilla" first came home
20140307_163100.jpg

Pickguard off and knobs replaced
20140307_170221.jpg

TRC changed out to customize her as mine, keystones to replace the kidney beans
20140407_154513.jpg

Components for the re-wire: CTS 550k pots, WD .022 PiO caps and related wiring and such:
20140512_174452.jpg

New harness installed:
20140517_130449.jpg

Glamour shot
20140618_182659.jpg

Most recent knobs. I fiddle with volume and tone quite a bit, so the hats weren't terribly handy for me. I find speed knobs to be easier to index and manipulate.
knob2.jpg

gsmacleod

Reaction score
Very nice! The mismatched knobs have grown on me but I really like the look of the black and silver reflectors on that!

Shane

cybermgk

“Happiness is the most insidious prison of all"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My modded 2004 MIK '56 GoldTop

Mods - Small custom winder's modern P90s, Reflector knobs and pointers, Compton Compensated SS bridge, new brass shaft Alpha pots and Sprague Orange Drop caps.

mr3t.jpg

gsmacleod

Reaction score
I have two Goldtops - a '56 Reissue and a Bonamassa signature.

I think the Bonamassa is going to remain stock but I'm planning to rewire the '56 with '50's wiring, Switchcraft toggle and jack and addding Grover Deluxe tuners.

Shane

wwit

Reaction score
Mr.JT, glad to see your JBLP excitement. Its quite a beast :thumb:

Just an FYI Joe Bonamassa does have a personal website complete with Forum. They used to have and I believe still have a unofficial Epi JBLP owner registration. Also many hardcore Joe B. signature guitar nerds that know them inside and out. Really good reference tool.

Coolest part is that Joe himself gets on there A LOT and offers advice and comments. Very cool sight for LP and Joe B. fans. :applause:

Gloveberg

Reaction score
Nothing spectacular but it's a '14 Les Paul Standard and it was my first ever brand new guitar so it's my baby...lol

Mr.JT

Reaction score
Thank you wwit! I did not know that, my excitement started around 2006 I believe.
It turned out to be a Fake Gibson Goldtop, after that i bought a 2001 epi gt 56' p90
and then a mint epi gt 56' p90 so has a goldtop historie before my JB :)

I believe this will be a great place for discussion and maybe a more versitile place becouse the epi owners usually have different types of epi guitars. So people will have a more wide perspective vision of what they like. It also gather alot of the goldtops people at this forum. To be honest I don't have so much time to consentrate on different forums on the interweb and I find mylespaul.com to be one of the most active place and a place with really nice forum users. Also a good mix of Blues, Rock and Heavy users I believe witch appeals me most.

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Here's my '08 MIC '56GT. Mods consist of '50s wiring using Russian .022 PIO caps, Gotoh bridge and aluminum tailpiece, gold knobs with thumb cutters, custom poker chip, and Gotoh tulip tuners.

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 77

BigMike55

Reaction score
LPofBorg... Ed, where did you get those Black and Gold Speed Knobs? Those are just too frickin cool!

Latest Threads