Epiphone Firebird VII: Opinions

Deviljho

Reaction score
I want to buy a Firebird VII, but they’re very rare on the secondary market. Anyone own one that can give me their opinion on this model? I’d like a more recent model, but I have no idea if Epiphone will reissue the VII anytime soon, and the current V doesn’t do it for me at all.

elephantrider

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have a vii, but the epi bird I do have, I love. it has a great feel to it.

the vii is a sixties something reissue, isn't it?

motowntom

Reaction score
I have a 2020 V and it's to die for, the guy I bought it from had the store he bought it from do the setup, best playing guitar I have. As far as sound goes it's personal preference. Mine sounds like a cross btw a tele and a les paul, I love it.
Cheers

strayedstrater

Reaction score
Back in 2002 I had a VII. Well built, nice thick neck, wonderful pickups. I bought it used and was under the impression it was a '99 or '00.

Killer guitar. But I discovered I just couldn't get on with the Firebird shape -- it felt like I had to stretch my arm way far to the left to reach the first 5 frets.

Deviljho

Reaction score
the vii is a sixties something reissue, isn't it?
Yup. ‘63 reissue

Back in 2002 I had a VII. Well built, nice thick neck, wonderful pickups. I bought it used and was under the impression it was a '99 or '00.

Killer guitar. But I discovered I just couldn't get on with the Firebird shape -- it felt like I had to stretch my arm way far to the left to reach the first 5 frets.
I don’t mind the shape, but I agree abut the different feel with the Firebird. As a backup or occasional player, it wouldn’t really bother me too much.

elephantrider

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I could swap a bird for full time work vs. my lp's. it's surely comfy to play sitting down, though!

leifpaul

Reaction score
I had one years ago ..it was not a great guitar ...it looked cool in that offwhite creme color ..but it was rather hard to play , due to the shitty fretwork , ...hopefully Epi gonna release this model soon, because the new epiphones are way better now , so much better

Latest Threads