Epiphone featured in pop band's video

Diocletian

Reaction score
Okay, I call it pop, because it's fairly popular but I'm actually talking about the black metal band Immortal. :fingersx:

The guitar player is rocking what appears to be an Epi Explorer. It looks like a real POS to me, but it says Epiphone on the headstock and he's used it in more videos they've done.
Just thought I'd share I know you guys like to see Epis proudly displayed.

I just wish I hadn't read the comments about the singer sounding like Popeye since I really like this band and cant stop thinking about that every time I listen to them now. :laugh2:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32n1AK6o5i0]‪Immortal - Blashyrkh (Mighty Ravendark) - GOOD QUALITY‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

jrt12

Reaction score
this is the same band that has become infamous for this photo of their backline

Diocletian

Reaction score
Aye, their quite a fun band. But they have some great tunes! :)

Guitar Joe

Reaction score
LMAO everything about that is funny and thats just the song and video the backline picture is even better, and Im not opposed to metal or anything just something about this tickled me lol

chrisobrien

Reaction score
I said to myself while listening to this "I bet they're from Norway.."

Went to Wikipedia. Yep, Norway.

the1jj

Reaction score
To each their own. I absolutely LOVE the second video. Hil ar i ous.

And the fake marshall stacks make me feel a little dead inside for the future of metal. Glam rock makes for a sad panda.

jrt12

Reaction score
well, i don't want to defend this band, cuz I'm definitely not a fan of them. but they aren't the only band to use fake backlines by far. i've heard that for big tours, bands will use real cabinets, but without the actual speakers in most of them (which removes the bulk of the weight). this way it helps for easier transportation and setup/tear down. sound guys will mic the handful of real cabs, but the dozen or so others are just for show. however, i just find this pic esp funny because when you add in the rest of their "brutal" image, it just becomes way too much to hold back the laughter. :D

jrnic

Reaction score
well, i don't want to defend this band, cuz I'm definitely not a fan of them. but they aren't the only band to use fake backlines by far. i've heard that for big tours, bands will use real cabinets, but without the actual speakers in most of them (which removes the bulk of the weight). this way it helps for easier transportation and setup/tear down. sound guys will mic the handful of real cabs, but the dozen or so others are just for show. however, i just find this pic esp funny because when you add in the rest of their "brutal" image, it just becomes way too much to hold back the laughter. :D
Very true. Many years ago I saw Motley Crue with Cheap Trick on tour. I sat on the side of the stage and noticed that when Cheap Trick was on, they had a nice size backline of amps and cabs but tucked on the side was a small combo with a mike in front of it. Hmmmm. Sounded pretty good though.

haroldpo

Reaction score
I just watched Journey Live in Manila concert on TV and the lead guy looked like he was playing a epip LP.

sg13

Reaction score
Very true. Many years ago I saw Motley Crue with Cheap Trick on tour. I sat on the side of the stage and noticed that when Cheap Trick was on, they had a nice size backline of amps and cabs but tucked on the side was a small combo with a mike in front of it. Hmmmm. Sounded pretty good though.
Metallica used to do that a lot too.They had rectifier full stacks, but we all know that they're using their complex rack setup and not just a rec.

Diocletian

Reaction score
Is it even an Epiphone the guy's playing? It looks awful wee to be an Explorer - bolt on too.

Latest Threads