Epiphone '59 Les Paul Standard Owners Club

Esloat

Reaction score
Those are just the ball ends of strings someone cut off. Did you buy it used?
Ah, now I feel silly. Makes perfect sense. Thanks. Yes, I bought off reverb about a month ago. If I hadn’t found it, I would have order new but was worried about extended delivery delays.

Robo67

Reaction score
I got my 1959 Sweetwater exclusive Honey Burst last month (glad that I ordered it before the price bump) and it had a pretty deep gash on the fretboard near the nut. I guess the person who cut the nut in the factory was not that careful.

View attachment 573761

Even though it wasn't a major problem, got it replaced for a peace of mind (and due to some other minor finish blemishes and fret buzz). I just got my replacement last week and I'm pretty happy with it.

View attachment 573762

Really liked Sweetwater's customer service. They even let me pick out the replacement that I wanted from their website when they got new stock.
I ordered one of the originals and sent it back due to the burst scheme....that one looks correct and so much better.

whatshisname

Reaction score
Guess what y'all? :dude:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211216-171908_Bing.jpg
    Screenshot_20211216-171908_Bing.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 55

whatshisname

Reaction score
I looked after I placed my order, and it said it's on backorder. So, I either got the last one, or the system wasn't updated when I pulled the trigger. I should know in about a half hour, when I receive my email. Either way it's coming- either (hopefully) on Tuesday, or when they get another shipment.

whatshisname

Reaction score
I'm pretty excited, but I may need to add on to the house to make room for all of these Les Pauls! :laugh2:

hrpoms9

Reaction score
Has anyone in Canada ordered from Sweetwater, and if so did they have any issues? I really like the look of the honeyburst gloss but doesn't seem to be available in Canada. With exchange and shipping it's actually cheaper than buying from L&M's options

efstop

Wattsamatta U graduate
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone in Canada ordered from Sweetwater, and if so did they have any issues? I really like the look of the honeyburst gloss but doesn't seem to be available in Canada. With exchange and shipping it's actually cheaper than buying from L&M's options
First, is it something they will ship outside the US? And who is the carrier? You could end up paying taxes and fees on top of the exchange price.
You should call and ask them if they'll ship, and then find out what fees will be collected by the shipper.

hrpoms9

Reaction score
Hey thanks, I have asked that just waiting on the company reply. It shows the do ship, fedex delivers, but doesn't show any taxes or other potential fees.

efstop

Wattsamatta U graduate
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks, I have asked that just waiting on the company reply. It shows the do ship, fedex delivers, but doesn't show any taxes or other potential fees.
I don't believe there's duty on musical instruments, but Fedex will definitely pay GST on your behalf (at the exchange price, I imagine) and charge you a "Disbursement Fee" for doing so. That fee is 2.5% of the total taxes or $10, whichever is greater. That's on top of the shipping, naturally.
The '59 in the colour you don't want ;) is $1276 CAD, taxes in, assuming you have a nearby L&M.

Fedex fees

rbraad68

Reaction score
ok these r some pics of the 3rd 59 i am working on getting. i should have the guitar in my hands some time next week. the person i made the deal with installed the pickups i sent to them with the guitar i traded. this thing really looks good. i just need to get bridge and tuners for it. i could use some of this stock shit i have laying around for now. I still have the unused bridge pieces from my slash i can use. Plus i even have the stock tuners off my other 2 59's so i will have it strung up 10 minutes after i recieve the thing....

Attachments

• 3rd 59 02.jpg
    3rd 59 02.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 59 01.jpg
    59 01.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 3rd 59 04.jpg
    3rd 59 04.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 3rd 59 08.jpg
    3rd 59 08.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 3rd 59 07.jpg
    3rd 59 07.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 3rd 59 10.jpg
    3rd 59 10.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

whatshisname

Reaction score
It took me an unusually long time to fine tune my '50s Standard, but this one is as nicely set up as any of my Gibsons out of the box. Naturally, I will still need to put on my preferred string gauge and will need to tweak it from there. But I may just leave the tens on for a bit. All in all, I'm quite happy!

rbraad68

Reaction score
i never am the one that claims my epiphone play better than a gibson. BUT they relly do play nice!! i have a few lp's that i ould put up against a gibson im just not going to say it lol.. let the guitar speak for it's self....

whatshisname

Reaction score
I've always said that my 50s Standard will never fool me into believing it's a Gibson. But this 59 is pretty damn impressive. I was fully prepared to be underwhelmed, after all of the hype over the 50s and 60s models.

Latest Threads