Epiphone '59 Les Paul Standard Owners Club

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Hopefully this thread will be nothing but owners, and those who have ordered, and LOVE this guitar. Because someone had an issue with my post, I've deleted all but the first sentence, so that no one will think I'm preaching. I was trying to keep this from being like TGP where I've seen people argue over really inane topics. Not preaching, just thinking out loud, but so be it! I don't like controversy, and bad feelings interjected into threads, and try to keep the peace. This is the first of the nanny forums I belong to where I've had anyone take issue with anything I've said, so I must assume that it's not me who has a problem.
I will not speak of this again, unless the OP or others ask me to.

Peace please! K~
Not an owner but have heard nothing but good things about these guitars!

Begintermediate

Reaction score
I took mine to a master luthier and talked about it after some work done on it. I did this video with this forum in mind and tried asking questions I saw here:
Interesting discussion - and I loved your reaction when you pulled out the bags of pots & caps :)

BTW, your videos helped to push me over the fence when I was debating putting in an order on my '59 - thanks!

j0hnny71

Reaction score

Attachments

j0hnny71

Reaction score
I've noticed a few anomalies with my 59' besides it having the beveled pick guard. It also didn't have the commemorative sticker on the back but it does have the metal Epiphone anniversary switch cover. It also has a July of 2019 birth date according to the serial number.

Attachments

USTTRM

Reaction score
Interesting discussion - and I loved your reaction when you pulled out the bags of pots & caps :)

BTW, your videos helped to push me over the fence when I was debating putting in an order on my '59 - thanks!
Ha. Yeah we said we would improve the wiring, little shocked when he did a full replacement! Glad to help you pick one up.

Fat Elppie

Reaction score
I took mine to a master luthier and talked about it after some work done on it. I did this video with this forum in mind and tried asking questions I saw here:
I'd love to have 1/10 of this gentleman's knowledge and skill. Thanks for sharing the video here. I ran across it when it was posted already and came here to point it out haha.

mr. rj

Reaction score
Here is my epi 59 (on the left) and epi classic. Mine was made Jan.2021, 25026 production number. This does not require any mods whatsoever....it sounds just as good or better than my Gibsons. I think swapping the pickups actually is an injustice to this model. I'm going to leave it as is and enjoy every beautiful sounding moment with it.

Attachments

Last edited:

j0hnny71

Reaction score
I've noticed a few anomalies with my 59' besides it having the beveled pick guard. It also didn't have the commemorative sticker on the back but it does have the metal Epiphone anniversary switch cover. It also has a July of 2019 birth date according to the serial number.
I also noticed that the box mine came in days assembled in Nashville TN and and it was shipped directly from Gibson's plant in Nashville to the warehouse where the rep from Musicians Friend said it was shipped to me from. It's really strange especially with all the other anomalies and 2019 manufacturing date. I talked to a former employee of the Gibson plant and he thinks I may have received an original prototype by accident. My box even had a piece of tape that says Not For Retail Sale. Could I really be lucky enough to have gotten an original prototype from Gibson with an Epiphone headstock? Even the fret inlays look like real mother of pearl instead of acrylic and that's comparing it to my other 2020 Epiphone Les Paul classic

Pop1655

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
restrung it this evening. a little lemon oil on the board.
This probably isn't kosher and somebody will yell at me, but it is what it is. I use Guitar Honey on my boards. When I did mine, a little dripped on the back of the neck. When I went to wipe it off, I liked what I saw. Being a wtf kinda guy, I went ahead and sprayed some on the back of the neck. For me, the result was nothing short of amazing. Way better than wax in my opinion. Remember, I'm strictly talking back of the neck. It took it right in. When I hand buffed it, it came out silky smooth with a beautiful dull sheen. No oily feel or residue at all. Just silky smooth with a great feel and a great look. I felt like I'd stumbled onto a really great accident.

elephantrider

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
mark, I'm going to check that stuff out! I've not heard of that before.

I do plan to polish it up a bit on the neck, for sure. still absolutely loving this guitar. the pups sound so good.

Latest Threads