Epiphone '59 Les Paul Coming

Glynn

Reaction score
Yeah, mine is the cherry burst. Probably has a lot to do with it! I haven't received any photos yet but I'll post if/when they show up.
Yes, when I talked to Sweetwater shortly after my order, he said most of the orders were for the ADB. So, even if you ordered a cherry burst, you likely got a spot reserved in the first shipment they received like Seven did. My order was in the second shipment they would receive as they sold out of the ADB in their first allotment by the time I ordered. Maybe I move up if some ADB orders were cancelled? I hope so.

Can wait to see yours and Seven's and hear the nitty gritty on them.

peobryant

Reaction score
Early March, so I was probably pretty far up in line. I'll be sure to post pics once it's here.
I pre-ordered mine on March 6th, I called Sweetwater today and they said they should be getting mine in on September 24th. I'm definitely looking forward to it but I am a little disappointed that they're going with Burstbuker 2 and 3 rather than 1 and 2, but maybe a set of Seth Lovers will find its way into my '18 Traditional and those pups will find their way into my '59.

RCJH15

Reaction score
Here she is. The top has more flame than I expected! Which is great. I like how it comes through even under the red. Honestly I can't really tell the difference between laurel and rosewood on the board.

Attachments

Seven

Reaction score
@RCJH15 nice flame on yours. I also like that they went with the darker laurel it looks really good.

Last edited:

Glynn

Reaction score
That is nice!! Yes, great flame and through the red areas as well. Glad you like it.

sdmusic15

Reaction score
I preorder from Sweetwater Feb 18th I believe it was. I was in my local shop that I’ve been going to for the past 17-18 years over the weekend. A Gibson 1958 Bourbon Burst caught my eye. I ended up picking it up yesterday and it came home with me. I promptly canceled my order from Sweetwater for the ADB, which pained me to do because of the wait. Now last night when I canceled, the order online said it was still waiting for items. I checked today and it said received and sent out for shipping. Talk about crazy timing. I called up Sweetwater, my regular agent AJ, did not answer, so I spoke with another agent. I said that I had canceled, and he said it was already on the truck but they would see what they could do. Well, guess I’ll have to see what happens... I may end up getting it anyways, or someone else may move up a spot. Regardless, it’s been a fun journey on this forum fellas, I truly hope you all enjoy your 59s. I’m very happy for all of you!

Ebb Ramone

Reaction score
Yeah, mine is the cherry burst. Probably has a lot to do with it! I haven't received any photos yet but I'll post if/when they show up.
I just got the call, mine came into Sam Ash today, gonna pick it up after I pull the trigger on the Eastman at 11am, should have my ADB pics up by tomorrow afternoon, and pics taken in my room!!!
Yay yay yay yay :jam:

fry

Reaction score
Sweetwater updated the photos on the site, the dark burst and cherry anyway. Pretty much what you guys are showing above, they both look great.

ucsteve

Reaction score
wow I ordered my orig 50s goldtop in april and got it early June I think

emerald81

Reaction score
Is the wood the same natoh or chinise mahogany substitute like on regular epiphones? or Some african mahogany? Looks really good on the pics.

I see tall pup rings too.

Mack10

Reaction score
Fretboard is Indian Laurel if I am interpreting your question correctly.

CHIP702

Reaction score
So I know it's the most minute thing but the more I look at it, the more it bothers me. Would a set of Gibson OEM spec pickup rings tighten up the gap between the rings and the pick ups since they're Gibson USA pick ups?

Last edited:

DrBGood

Reaction score
So I know it's the most minute thing but the more I look at it, the more it bothers me. Would a set of Gibson OEM spec pickup rings tighten up the gap between the rings and the pick ups since they're Gibson USA pick ups?
Probably but scew holes wouldn't align.

fleahead

Reaction score
And that has always been a major WTF for me... how difficult is it to use standard style Gibson-sized mounting rings? On 90% of imports they use them and to my eyes the wider rings just don't look right. They could have easily done that. Like, years ago.

Ebb Ramone

Reaction score
God, what a dilemma! The Eastman gets paid for at 11:00, and then I have to go to Sam Ash to get my 59 today! I'm definitely not boasting, I'm overwhelmed because I'm spending so much on 2 guitars on a monthly stipend of less than $800! It's making me feel guilty, but I haven't spent a dime on something I want since I was forced to close my HVAC business in 2015. I'm seriously a nervous wreck!!! Any words of wisdom from my favorite forum guys?

pondcaster

Reaction score
Only live once, life is incredibly short.

Make yourself happy, imo.

Latest Threads