Epiphone '59 Les Paul Coming

fry

Reaction score
Hey. Here’s some clarification on the pickups from Aljon on Instagram

looks like burstbuckers 1& 2

He also just replied saying the official announcement for release is coming soon
That’s interesting. The decal on the rear cavity cover says 2 & 3.
1C2D316E-E6F9-4E83-86EC-1EE6ED7977A2.jpeg

Glynn

Reaction score
Someone at Epiphone better fix that sticker on the back that says Bursts 2 and 3. :)

sdmusic15

Reaction score
So Aljon said they changed the original prototype that had 2/3 and they will have 1/2. So that guitar that mysteriously surfaced in my opinion is probably a prototype.

Sp8ctre

Reaction score
So Aljon said they changed the original prototype that had 2/3 and they will have 1/2. So that guitar that mysteriously surfaced in my opinion is probably a prototype.
If it is in fact a Prototype and has different specs than what came out it could end up being a very nice collectors item. Who knows???

Seven

Reaction score
That guitar had a regular Epiphone serial number on the headstock. Every prototype I have ever seen has had prototype written/stamped on it. Without a letter from Epiphone it would be impossible to prove.

sdmusic15

Reaction score
That guitar had a regular Epiphone serial number on the headstock. Every prototype I have ever seen has had prototype written/stamped on it. Without a letter from Epiphone it would be impossible to prove.
:hmm: Good point. I really don’t know what the deal or story of that guitar that surfaced. Definitely strange that it was released into the wild and no one knows how it happened. Just adds to the mystique lol

Seven

Reaction score
:hmm: Good point. I really don’t know what the deal or story of that guitar that surfaced. Definitely strange that it was released into the wild and no one knows how it happened. Just adds to the mystique lol
Serial# has it being built in April of this year so it wasn't the NAMM guitar that Lee had.

sdmusic15

Reaction score
Serial# has it being built in April of this year so it wasn't the NAMM guitar that Lee had.
I guess we’ll see what the dates are on the guitars that we get. I agree with you, it’s not the guitar Lee had. Either way, I’m happy that we went with the Aged Dark Burst.

Street Lethal

Reaction score
I'm thinking the ADB will closely resemble the vintage burst on the regular 50's Standard, sans the gloss finish. I have to say I think I like black sides and back with the VB finish, even if it's not accurate.

And if they stick to the same shade of red and blending they did on the 50's standard the CB won't be a clown.

Last edited:

J@5280

Reaction score
She has arrived! Two days early! I tried to post pics but no matter what I do it says the pics are too large for the server... any advice on that front? I posted pics on FB "Epiphone Guitar Fan Club" page if you're so inclined....

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
She has arrived! Two days early! I tried to post pics but no matter what I do it says the pics are too large for the server... any advice on that front? I posted pics on FB "Epiphone Guitar Fan Club" page if you're so inclined....
If it’s a phone pic, crop it just the tiniest bit and it’ll fly.

cliffenstein

Reaction score
How is it? is it super heavy? Have you plugged it in yet? I saw from your pics on Epiphone Fan Club page that it does have the sticker on that back that says BB 2 & 3. It's a beautiful guitar!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How's the neck profile? Any chance you are able to compare it to the regular 50s model?

firstlight

Reaction score
Congrats, she's beautiful! Would love to see the other photos and am not of Facebook, and hear any details about it! Enjoy her!

exactopposite

Reaction score
If you have a photo editing app you can reduce the resolution a bit to make the files smaller. Another option would be to upload them somewhere like tinypic and posting them from there instead of uploading them to the forum.

J@5280

Reaction score
How is it? is it super heavy? Have you plugged it in yet? I saw from your pics on Epiphone Fan Club page that it does have the sticker on that back that says BB 2 & 3. It's a beautiful guitar!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How's the neck profile? Any chance you are able to compare it to the regular 50s model?
Ya know I thought it would be heavier. It's a tank, don't get me wrong, but not as heavy as I thought it would be. I just played it for a few and quite frankly, it's magical. It sounds and plays amazing! I love the neck profile. I haven't played a regular 50's yet so I can't compare but I do have a Brent Hinds flying V and it's almost identical. Thick! I have larger hands so it's great for me but I could see how some wouldn't like it, it's BIG. To be honest some of the plastics don't fit great. The bridge pickup ring especially and the case is kind of a POS.... other than that, I love it. The finish is AMAZING and feels so good on the back of the neck. It really is quite impressive. Cheers!

Latest Threads