Epiphone '59 Les Paul Coming

firstlight

Reaction score

HighFlyer

Reaction score
So for those hating on the CB, I figured out why the pictures on the Reverb listing make it look terrible. They don't show any of the flame in the top in the red edges. The sun or whatever is too bright that it just makes the top look like its solid red around the edges and super cheap looking.
1596080427255.png
vs.
1596080513400.png

It's amazing that those are the same guitar. He just took the photo in way too harsh of a light.

waypost

Reaction score
He’s down to the $799 retail price now. It’s anybody’s guess what he paid for it, but he’s not going to win big on this deal.
He was gambling on the principles of supply and demand but it did not pay off this time.

fry

Reaction score
He was gambling on the principles of supply and demand but it did not pay off this time.
I’ll be darned! He actually sold it. There’s no way to know if he sold it for full asking price, or accepted an offer, but I really didn’t think he was going to get it sold at all.

Ebb Ramone

Reaction score
So, I ordered my ADB on January 27 from Sam Ash, and as an in store purchase. I saw the guy getting his on Monday, and I just saw it. I was in the store yesterday, and they were super busy in the warehouse that I didn't even ask them to check my order. However, after seeing that post, you can be damned sure I'll be talking to my manager friend today!
Peace y'all, Keith

Seven

Reaction score
So for those hating on the CB, I figured out why the pictures on the Reverb listing make it look terrible. They don't show any of the flame in the top in the red edges. The sun or whatever is too bright that it just makes the top look like its solid red around the edges and super cheap looking. View attachment 479095 vs. View attachment 479096

It's amazing that those are the same guitar. He just took the photo in way too harsh of a light.
Still looks like crap. A clown is a clown.

Street Lethal

Reaction score
So for those hating on the CB, I figured out why the pictures on the Reverb listing make it look terrible. They don't show any of the flame in the top in the red edges. The sun or whatever is too bright that it just makes the top look like its solid red around the edges and super cheap looking. View attachment 479095 vs. View attachment 479096

It looks better but it's still not a very appealing CB. Still a bit clowny. It's interesting they're calling it a dark cherry burst when it appears to be several shades brighter then the red used on the regular 50's HCB. Whatever floats your boat.

Latest Threads