Epiphone '59 Les Paul Coming

Anglow

Reaction score
Yeah, I hate to be the bringer of more bad news but I just heard something simular from Sweetwater today. The timeline now is October at the earliest and that's an estimate based off recent updates! Hell the prophacy series was supposed to be released by then? This sucks but I'm cool if it comes around my birthday I guess? Oct. 15th. ? Anytime after that's getting a bit rediculous! Dont think I'd wait as long as some of you guys have?

Ebb Ramone

Reaction score
Yeah, I hate to be the bringer of more bad news but I just heard something simular from Sweetwater today. The timeline now is October at the earliest and that's an estimate based off recent updates! Hell the prophacy series was supposed to be released by then? This sucks but I'm cool if it comes around my birthday I guess? Oct. 15th. ? Anytime after that's getting a bit rediculous! Dont think I'd wait as long as some of you guys have?
Yeah, Seven and I have been waiting since January, so I am waiting until October 1 if I don't just get a Gibson Les Paul. At least there's still a few decent ones hanging in the shops. I think this guitar is cursed!! It started the Covid 19, and screwed the entire world up, hahaha!!!

Maybe I'll just sell everything and buy another Harley

Keith

Archer069

Reaction score
Well I went to L&M here in North Bay and my son in law called down to L&M HQ to talk to the L&M purchasing rep, the word was that Epiphone is unaffected and they still expect the 59 to be available in mid August.

Mike

Ebb Ramone

Reaction score
Well I went to L&M here in North Bay and my son in law called down to L&M HQ to talk to the L&M purchasing rep, the word was that Epiphone is unaffected and they still expect the 59 to be available in mid August.

Mike
Thanks Mike, I forgot you had family at your store. I hope he's right, I ordered the ADB as I was afraid the Cherry was going to be a super bright red Clown Burst, but a couple of the videos from NAMM it looks more subdued in more normal lighting, so I wanted to go ahead and order both. I'm pretty sure I'll now have the money for both, or if not I may change my order if it doesn't put me at the back of the line. The pictures I found make it look more like Jimmy Page's cherry sunburst vos color! Which I've always thought to be the real Sunburst! Oh how I hope that's right. I'm just hoping Gibson was able to ship the parts from the US!!!

Peace, Keith

Last edited:

Anglow

Reaction score
Same concern here, it's why I called Sweetwater today trying to get dibs on a dark figured top on the aged "dark"cherry burst i ordered? The lighter more orange shaded ones we've seen online are'nt gonna cut it? How they can call orange, dark cherry, is beyond me? We know the originals faded alot and many ended up much lighter. I just think they need to make the production run units a bit darker than what we've seen. So then I asked if they heard of any further delays on these to which he did unfortunately inform me they've been told October now!

Latest Threads