Epiphone '59 Les Paul Coming

waypost

Reaction score

Lockdown Learner

Reaction score
Just had an email from Andertons regarding my pre order. They’re now saying they should receive my guitar on 31st August. Fingers crossed.
Ditto. I received my email from Anderton's this morning, stating that the item is 'currently out of stock' (assuming this is the closest category of classification to not having had stock in the first place!).

Their suppliers have informed Anderton's that the order of '59s should arrive in store on or around August 30th.

This looks like a positive direction of travel at least...

rich85

Reaction score
I have been told all new Epiphone models have been pushed back to around October. There are no flights into China for delivery apparently, only shipping. So getting the Fishman pickups for the new Prophecy series or any other parts they need is a huge problem.

Eastman guitars have had guitars finished since last year waiting on Lollar pickups. They havnt been able to sell the double cut junior they released at Namm.

So thanks to Covid. The 59 and Prophecy series are now realistically 2021 models. No more July release.......

Seven

Reaction score
Went to check on my backorder and for the first time ever Sweetwater actually has a button for you to cancel the order. As long as I have been doing business with them I have never seen this.

Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 11.02.08 AM.png

Ebb Ramone

Reaction score
Went to check on my backorder and for the first time ever Sweetwater actually has a button for you to cancel the order. As long as I have been doing business with them I have never seen this.

View attachment 465891
So, did you cancel?
I'm starting to think anything made in China will be impossible to ship to the US, so as much as I want to stick it out, I'm having my first real thoughts of just going for the DC Pro. I'm going to see what occurs for a couple more weeks, and if I feel like they'll not ship at all, I'll give in.

Peace Seven, Keith

Seven

Reaction score
So, did you cancel?
I'm starting to think anything made in China will be impossible to ship to the US, so as much as I want to stick it out, I'm having my first real thoughts of just going for the DC Pro. I'm going to see what occurs for a couple more weeks, and if I feel like they'll not ship at all, I'll give in.

Peace Seven, Keith
No, since it could very well be my last Epiphone Les Paul I'm holding strong.

Seven

Reaction score
I haven't reached out to my Sweetwater sales guy to get an update. I figure he probably doesn't know anymore than we do at this point.

Ebb Ramone

Reaction score
I haven't reached out to my Sweetwater sales guy to get an update. I figure he probably doesn't know anymore than we do at this point.
Well I'm going to Sam Ash tommorow, and just because I'll be there I'll check with Sarah, the head manager, and a good friend, and ask her to look into the situation. I'll let you know what I find out in a couple of days. I'm still hanging in there, just worried that any trade with China is going to be shut down. Take it easy, and be safe y'all, this country is really screwed up right now, and worse than I've witnessed in my 58 years!

Peace, Love, and tolerance, Keith

Glynn

Reaction score
My Sweetwater guy emailed me today and said it would likely be September or October when they arrive.

I'm still gonna wait. No biggie to me. It's a want and not a need, so I can afford to wait however long it takes.

waypost

Reaction score
Updated delivery date from Thomann.de

However it does not ship to the US, (We are quite disappointed with Epiphone for preventing us from shipping to your country of choice. Please consider products of a different manufacturer or switch to another delivery country) but it is an indication of when these may be available... or not?

In stock within 4-5 weeks

Last edited:

Ebb Ramone

Reaction score
Updated delivery date from Thomann.de

However it does not ship to the US, (We are quite disappointed with Epiphone for preventing us from shipping to your country of choice. Please consider products of a different manufacturer or switch to another delivery country) but it is an indication of when these may be available... or not?

In stock within 8-10 weeks
From the way they worded that, it sounds like the US is SOL! They can be shipped anywhere but here it seems. Why would Epiphone exclude the US when it's based in the US? Maybe the people who brought us the Bat Stew Flu don't want us to have them?! No one in the States seems to have an answer, and it's starting to piss me off!
Oh well, Keith

HighFlyer

Reaction score
Just sent an email to the guy at Sam Ash I have been in contact with. I’ll let you know what he says. Early April he said Gibson was shut down so he couldn’t get in touch with anyone for an update so hopefully he can get some new info. I’ll share once I hear something.

Ebb Ramone

Reaction score
Just sent an email to the guy at Sam Ash I have been in contact with. I’ll let you know what he says. Early April he said Gibson was shut down so he couldn’t get in touch with anyone for an update so hopefully he can get some new info. I’ll share once I hear something.
That's the same thing I was told. Sam Ash in my city is my go to store for all things music related, and I have become friends of the management, but they haven't been able to get any real answers from Gibson?

Keith

DrBGood

Reaction score
We have a hard time trying to know what's going on at the city hall in my village. What do you expect from a huge corporation. They are in limbo as well.

It's the end of the world as we know it.

Mark Cooke

Reaction score
I have just received this update from andertons....

We have been chasing our suppliers and the most recent information we have on when the item(s) are expected to be delivered to our warehouse are listed below:

Epiphone 1959 Les Paul Standard Outfit Aged Dark Cherry Burst (Stockcode ENL59ADCNH1) Expected delivery to our warehouse: 31/08/2020

We apologise that this is later than we originally expected. If you have any questions please get in touch quoting order no 885172766.

Please keep in mind that while we are still shipping orders from our warehouse we are currently at a reduced capacity due to the COVID-19 outbreak. We will send your order as soon as we can, please watch out for your shipping notification which will be emailed to you when our despatch team has processed your order.

Kind Regards,

Irma Jankauskaite
Andertons Music Co

Ebb Ramone

Reaction score
I have just received this update from andertons....

We have been chasing our suppliers and the most recent information we have on when the item(s) are expected to be delivered to our warehouse are listed below:

Epiphone 1959 Les Paul Standard Outfit Aged Dark Cherry Burst (Stockcode ENL59ADCNH1) Expected delivery to our warehouse: 31/08/2020

We apologise that this is later than we originally expected. If you have any questions please get in touch quoting order no 885172766.

Please keep in mind that while we are still shipping orders from our warehouse we are currently at a reduced capacity due to the COVID-19 outbreak. We will send your order as soon as we can, please watch out for your shipping notification which will be emailed to you when our despatch team has processed your order.

Kind Regards,

Irma Jankauskaite
Andertons Music Co
It's odd that you got that date from Anderton's, I wrote them asking about the specs, and the delivery date, the response was not as I had hoped. Ben Elmer from the guitar department said that he couldn't comment on specs, or the delivery date until their site put the official description up, which should be soon. Rather vague I'd say. In the past if I addressed my message to Lee, he replied, but this time I got an "He's too busy to answer customer emails. Maybe I got a simple guitar sales person who knows nothing about the guitar, but I definitely got a different response than the one quoted! I just wish Epiphone would clear up the specs, and US delivery date. Last time I spoke with Gibson/Epiphone, the guy said Epiphone was up and running, and he'd get an answer, and get back to me. That was almost 2 weeks ago. This guitar is cursed! The wood must have come from Mahogany trees fertilized with Chinese Bat guano!

Peace y'all, Keith

sunre

Reaction score
I got the same unsolicited update as Mark did, about a week ago.

Latest Threads