Epiphone '59 Les Paul Coming

waypost

Reaction score
Last edited:

ReksofMada

Reaction score
Hey, I found this thread googling about the new model.

Thought I'd share what else I found.

Giggear, Gak and Andertons all say £699 (I'm in the UK). Giggear actually have them on their website.

Gak and Andertons think arrival late summer/autumn, giggear thought mid June to end of July.

Lee Anderton replied to me on Instagram and told me that they are delayed due to not being able to get the USA pickups.

I've also pre-ordered one via Andertons.

Apologies if I've repeated anything, this is a long thread!

Ebb Ramone

Reaction score

Giggear, Gak and Andertons all say £699 (I'm in the UK). Giggear actually have them on their website.

Gak and Andertons think arrival late summer/autumn, giggear thought mid June to end of July.

Lee Anderton replied to me on Instagram and told me that they are delayed due to not being able to get the USA pickups.

Your post is welcomed, I mentioned in one of my earlier posts that I thought the delay may have been due to Gibson not being able to get the wiring harnesses, and pick-ups into China at this time. A perfectly good solution would be for Epiphone finishing the guitars, then shipping them to the states to let Gibson simply put the electronics in, and doing a set up. But I guess that would be too costly, and too easy!

Peace, still waiting, Keith

Glynn

Reaction score
I google search Epiphone 59 Les Paul Standard Outfit every day and the only one that is new is the giggear one. The others have been out for some time.

The photos on Giggear have been used on other sites before as well before they were took down.

Ebb Ramone

Reaction score
I google search Epiphone 59 Les Paul Standard Outfit every day and the only one that is new is the giggear one. The others have been out for some time.

The photos on Giggear have been used on other sites before as well before they were took down.
Yeah, Epiphone only has the prototypes, so no images of the production guitars have been released. All of the big box dealers here in the states have taken their ads down as well, which I believe means they've presold their allotments. Anderton's only got 30 '59s, 15 of each color. I assume that quite a few people have cancelled their orders, but not enough to put the ads back up, but I would think that calling around you'd find many have a few spots left. I'm so tired of waiting.

Keith

ReksofMada

Reaction score
Yeah, Epiphone only has the prototypes, so no images of the production guitars have been released. All of the big box dealers here in the states have taken their ads down as well, which I believe means they've presold their allotments. Anderton's only got 30 '59s, 15 of each color. I assume that quite a few people have cancelled their orders, but not enough to put the ads back up, but I would think that calling around you'd find many have a few spots left. I'm so tired of waiting.

Keith
Andertons said they cannot list them as they have not officially been released yet.

Attachments

Ebb Ramone

Reaction score
Andertons said they cannot list them as they have not officially been released yet.
Ah, so Epiphone doesn't want them to put them up anymore, likely because they don't have a solution to get them built yet! And if I talk to anyone at Epiphone, or Gibson, they say they have no information and to ask your dealer! What a Clusterf$*k!

Keith

waypost

Reaction score

The one on Gak.co.uk is the old Commemorating the 50th Anniversary of the Holy Grail! epiphone les paul from 2009. https://www.gak.co.uk/en/epiphone-limited-edition-1959-les-paul-standard-outfit-faded-cherry-sunburst/27929

neiltwest

Reaction score
Just had an email from Andertons regarding my pre order. They’re now saying they should receive my guitar on 31st August. Fingers crossed.

Ebb Ramone

Reaction score
Just had an email from Andertons regarding my pre order. They’re now saying they should receive my guitar on 31st August. Fingers crossed.
Glad to hear!! That probably means us Yanks will be seeing ours in September, or October. The UK has been ahead of us on delivery dates since pre-orders started. I'd be thrilled if the delay caused them to deliver here at the same time!

Keith

Ebb Ramone

Reaction score
Pre order available again here
Their site says no case. Other sites, as well as Gibson, and Epiphone employees at NAMM say " Lifton style case", like all the past '59 RIs. I wish someone would give the definitive answer, my receipt says "outfit" and Lifton style hard case included???

Be safe y'all, Keith

sunre

Reaction score
Two weeks ago Andertons couldn't provide me with a delivery date, mentioned difficulties in getting an estimate from Epiphone.

So last Friday I wrote Epiphone via their generic contact form and they just replied, minutes ago. They were initially planning to ship the first models in June but they are now to be expected at the beginning of August in Europe.

Latest Threads