Epiphone '59 Les Paul Coming

Doward

Reaction score
mark, you lucky booger! sweetwater just advised my July ship date is now December.

where did you order from?
Wow. Glad I cancelled my Sweetwater order a few months ago when I found one in the Manhattan GC. It's 9.4 lbs (maybe 9.6 I forget now) btw

Pop1655

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s here, it’s new, it’s a good one.
I’ll get into details in a separate thread over coffee in the morning. If there’s a flaw, I haven’t found it yet. Love my top. I’m a plain top guy. This has just the right touch of character for me. Plays sweet. Sounds sweet. Initial impression very favorable.
DA23FD05-7CC5-46EB-B38E-17933E185A3C.jpeg
D03FB802-078D-4CAD-B490-F27FC8F03E45.jpeg

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s here, it’s new, it’s a good one.
I’ll get into details in a separate thread over coffee in the morning. If there’s a flaw, I haven’t found it yet. Love my top. I’m a plain top guy. This has just the right touch of character for me. Plays sweet. Sounds sweet. Initial impression very favorable.
View attachment 548251 View attachment 548252
OK, we're not supposed to crap on NGD threads, but this isn't your NGD thread.

Your DSG is better :D

Pop1655

Reaction score
OK, we're not supposed to crap on NGD threads, but this isn't your NGD thread.

Your DSG is better :D
My DSG is better. This looks like it will serve me well enough to put the difference into my 2nd DSG. Just took it out for a pretty good run and was very impressed.

elephantrider

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d be real curious to hear how that email was worded.
here ya go! the 3 minute vm was better and a bit more candid on the surprise eta change.

I'm in supply chain as a commodity manager in one of the largest fintech corporations managing network infra, so I know end to end supply chain. there would be serious conversations at the effing c level if we had shit like this happening. talk about a lack of communication at every level. :laugh2: asinine at best.

Screenshot_20210707-222524_Gmail.jpg

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
January 2022??!?!?!?!?

You could swim to China and build it yourself before then!

USTTRM

Reaction score
No kidding.. there are quite a few available here in the EU no waiting. I really wonder what the deal with this guitar is in terms of final numbers produced. The 2009 version was 1959 units . This one.. can they even reach that number?

Pop1655

Reaction score
Am I reading my serial right that 2103153052 is March 21 production?
So, production in 21 is in fact occurring?

voided76

Reaction score
Mine were from march and sept. of 20. but I'm pretty sure I'd seen some 21 serials floating around.

elephantrider

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
so, I ordered again through guitar center. went up today and talked to the manager about what the deal was. my order has an arrival date of between 7.15.21 and 1.22.22. as some folks know, the logistics and supply chain are being impacted by a number of influences. one of the symptoms of supply chain is a serious backlog in container offloading, and this seems to be the issue. there's several containers off port that do not have an offload schedule, hence gc isn't going to commit.

just some info..

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gibson, at least, is apparently picking back up.
Stratosphere was between thin and none on "bodies with necks" for the last 6 months... often having none other than a couple of set-neck imported Telecasters.
They're back up to 2 pages, mostly satin finished Trads at $1300+, but at least they have stock again.

horax

Reaction score
Anybody have a rough finish on theirs?
I sold mine awhile back, but my 59 in dark burst had small bumps between the yellow and brown...it sounded and felt great, but hte finish was bothering me.

I've toyed iwth the idea of getting a new one, but am not certain if anybody else has had this issue.

voided76

Reaction score
I sold mine awhile back, but my 59 in dark burst had small bumps between the yellow and brown...it sounded and felt great, but hte finish was bothering me.

I've toyed iwth the idea of getting a new one, but am not certain if anybody else has had this issue.
There's a nice dark burst epi 59 on reverb. They polish up a lot better than you think with some automotive paint scratch remover and a clean rag.

heartburn

Reaction score

Mine had a good amount of orange peel, I wouldn't really call it "rough" or "bumpy" but it was pretty bad. I used Meguiars ScratchX and a terry cloth, about half hour to an hour of hand polishing and then a quick light polish with a microfiber towel. Polished up pretty nice, I was ready to put it back together and figure that at my next string change I will spend a little more time hand polishing.

From this:
Epi_59-1.jpg

To this:
59_Update_2.jpg

59_Update_1.jpg

Zylo

Reaction score

mines i wouldnt say bumps, but it does feel slightly rough - not smooth....but it does not bother me a bit. its not like i bought it to stroke the body...

Latest Threads