Epiphone '59 Les Paul Coming

heartburn

Reaction score
The colors pop a little more, the top is a little more active....
But it really looks fetching in a spotlight or in sunlight.

Let me know if you want any info on polishing the tops.

Hey voided76

If you don't mind can you give us a rundown on your polishing technique and products used if possible. If you have detailed this somewhere else in the thread and can give me a page for reference that would be fine. The polished out finish looks great in the photos and really has me wanting to tear mine down now

voided76

Reaction score
Hey voided76

If you don't mind can you give us a rundown on your polishing technique and products used if possible. If you have detailed this somewhere else in the thread and can give me a page for reference that would be fine. The polished out finish looks great in the photos and really has me wanting to tear mine down now
So you have to remove everything if you want it to look somewhat "right".

Unless you really know clearcoat work or have Jobe patience there's going to be some orange peel. And the closer you get to glassing it the thinner the clearcoat is. And right under the clear is the tint coats on top of poly. You can burn through the clear in a heartbeat with 1000 grit on the neck.

I've got a light spot by the binding on the neck where I was knocking down some clear I laid over the crack at the nut So I personally stuck to microfiber and scratch compound.

Meguiars scratch-X or a maybe a cutting grade rubbing compound from the auto store. I used scratch x. It took likely 3 or 4 hours but I was both waiting on parts and had some youtube stuff to keep me company like 5 watt world.

I did the application with some socks I'd just as soon throw away as wear again and finished with microfiber and meguiars cleaner wax. I'd stick to carnuba wax or something similar so you're not stripping it down so much after the cut to gloss.

I have no idea how long it will last. But I've never minded dings and wear spots either . Be careful, pay attention, but the results are pretty damn good and easy if you've the time.
Screenshot_20210604-205704_Motion photo viewer.jpg
Screenshot_20210514-133045_Gallery.jpg

Start on the back. If you have a real oopsie at least it's on the back.

rbraad68

Reaction score
That's an epi les paul modern in Caribbean fade. Got it from stigatsu as well. It's got the gold top feature of natural brown back and sides with that top. And an ebony fretboard.
yeah man thars a cool guitar too.. i went to the guys ebay and seen a few 59 husks. i want the southern fade. how much you thnk i could get one for?? i know he has them listed at 38o ish ???

voided76

Reaction score
yeah man thars a cool guitar too.. i went to the guys ebay and seen a few 59 husks. i want the southern fade. how much you thnk i could get one for?? i know he has them listed at 38o ish ???
It's about 400 shipped after taxes. (For me)

rbraad68

Reaction score
It's about 400 shipped after taxes. (For me)
hmmmm i'm still interested still a good price. i like that aged honey burst you just got but i alreayd have one of those ordered from sweet water. I'd like to find a southern fade and build it up with exactly what i want in it and not have to worry about anything. cause honestly i could save some money buying these this way...

voided76

Reaction score
hmmmm i'm still interested still a good price. i like that aged honey burst you just got but i alreayd have one of those ordered from sweet water. I'd like to find a southern fade and build it up with exactly what i want in it and not have to worry about anything. cause honestly i could save some money buying these this way...
My guitar is the southern burst.

Attachments

Latest Threads