Epiphone '59 Les Paul Coming

fry

Reaction score
SW has the cherry fade image on the honeyburst today, in addition to the cherry fade option. Cmon Chuck, get the troops in order.
They updated the photo on the honeyburst yet again... :wtf:
331CD9EC-DD75-4CD8-BE23-689EB1EC2961.jpeg

Basic_Dad

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered a Southern Fade from zzZounds today. Estimated 5/14 Arrival.

Now I can stop obsessively searching websites, reviews and unboxings all day and get back to work.

Slocar

Reaction score
They updated the photo on the honeyburst yet again... :wtf:
View attachment 516013
This color changing is becoming comical, I wrote a review of mine and told them how great it sounded and put in my thoughts about the color mix up of the Honey Burst and wasn't mean about it.. It was not posted on there site... SW is still my go to place for anything I need, they are a great bunch to deal with and to me there customer service is 2nd. to none in my opinion..

fry

Reaction score
This color changing is becoming comical, I wrote a review of mine and told them how great it sounded and put in my thoughts about the color mix up of the Honey Burst and wasn't mean about it.. It was not posted on there site... SW is still my go to place for anything I need, they are a great bunch to deal with and to me there customer service is 2nd. to none in my opinion..
Yeah, they’ve always been the best in my experience. The only rough patch I ever had with them was regarding this very guitar and the color discrepancy.

AlienSP

Reaction score
Yeah, they’ve always been the best in my experience. The only rough patch I ever had with them was regarding this very guitar and the color discrepancy.
SW has been great with my previous transactions. They're very careful with their HB finish explanation. Their comment is possible "variations" within the HB finish; guessing the extreme has been broken off as Cherry Fade. In their defense, I don't know if they're sure what the next HB batch will look like.

Easy as 123

Reaction score
The newest image for the Honey Burst is intriguing. Tho I'm saying that endearingly. I really doubt they're going to alter the present manufactured color of the HB. Bottom line, if you dig an apricot/lemony/orangy/tangerine type of faded burst, then this cool kitty is for you. Yet, if that tropical vibe ain't your thing best not to order the HB color scheme.

Attachments

• 20210201_131934.jpg
    20210201_131934.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 20

JaxLPGuy

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
In other news, I received an email from Anderton's saying their next delivery date is 9th February, so hopefully mine is included in that batch.

Need it, been a stressful few weeks, going through a restructure at work and there will be someone made redundant but because I've been there long enough, they have to find me suitable alternative employment and there are 2 mid-management roles available so one of them hopefully has my name on it, including a £3k a year paybump.

Will have to take some appropriate amount of time off when it arrives.
My '59 was a gift to myself for getting another industry certification. Hope all works out well for you at work. At the end of Feb I'm transferring my team to another manager leaving me with one employee. I predict I won't be a manager much longer. I'm thinking of buying another one to celebrate. :cool:

This is actually where I got mine. Who knows, maybe mine is the one in the video! Serial number is 20101526922, which means it was manufactured in October, 2020. :)

Scheduled to arrive tomorrow!!!
I didn't realize the serial number format. Just checked mine and it was born in the same month as me!

Hope tomorrow is a great day for you!

302mark

Reaction score
So so far the Modern in Pelham Blue and the '59 are gonna be in my studio for sure.
I have to say the New 2020 Epiphone Les Paul's are a major step up I own the Custom ebony tuxedo and it's my go to guitar

GuitarPops

Reaction score
My '59 was a gift to myself for getting another industry certification. Hope all works out well for you at work. At the end of Feb I'm transferring my team to another manager leaving me with one employee. I predict I won't be a manager much longer. I'm thinking of buying another one to celebrate. :cool:

I didn't realize the serial number format. Just checked mine and it was born in the same month as me!

Hope tomorrow is a great day for you!
Yep, it arrived yesterday and she's perfect. No issues with pickup rings, crooked tuners, rough spots in the finish or anything. The flame isn't anything to write home about but somehow I don't really care. What I like about it most is...well...just about everything! The case does not have the second neck support but NStuff (the seller) had double boxed it and it arrived without neck damage so I don't really care about that either. Oh, no damaged pots either.

I gotta get to work now. Pictures to follow....

Dan

JaxLPGuy

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great news, Dan! Can't wait to see her! Work certainly has a way of screwing up guitar fun.

JaxLPGuy

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might be right. Don't see the piping like my Origin has. The things that entertain me. :)

JaxLPGuy

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
:) LOL!!! Maybe I should start a poll. efstop got it. Its just a Fender Champion 40.
Damn. I like my Fenders also.

I’ve gone from thinking I wanted to wait on color options to circling back to thinking this is the one for me. I’d also want mine to be as close to a plain top as possible. I really, really like yours. Congrats.
I love my Southern Fade.

Attachments

• 6ADC2251-6355-4777-874B-11DB5D8DAF3E.jpeg
    6ADC2251-6355-4777-874B-11DB5D8DAF3E.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 94

Latest Threads