Epiphone '57 Les Paul Junior Reissue

toxikomano

Reaction score
Hi, I know that I´am posting in the wrong forum but I hope I have more luck here.
I´m looking for an Epiphone '57 Les Paul Junior Reissue to buy it.

Thanks

DrBGood

Reaction score
Good luck, they're rarely seen on the market. Keep scanning local ads and Facebook Marketplace.

You know Epiphone remade one in 2020 ?

cliffenstein

Reaction score
Best way to get a banging’ new Junior outside of Epi’s new Junior is to get a Special and disconnect the neck pickup and toggle. The 2020 Special is incredible.

redcoats1976

Reaction score
yes it is.i consider it almost the same as my 2017 gibby GT tribute,only with a finish that will withstand armageddon.

Brian Krashpad

Reaction score
Is the '57 RI the one that came with a P-100? I had one, but it had had the stock P100 pickup replaced with a Seymour Duncan Antiquity.

At any rate, I tried to make it work but decided I just preferred Specials, so I sold it a few years ago. Sorry.

DrBGood

Reaction score
Is the '57 RI the one that came with a P-100? I had one, but it had had the stock P100 pickup replaced with a Seymour Duncan Antiquity.

At any rate, I tried to make it work but decided I just preferred Specials, so I sold it a few years ago. Sorry.

Yep, that P100 is the most anemic pickup I've ever played. Mine now has an old Lollar.

Sépia.jpg

DrBGood

Reaction score
Wow, two shots of a semi-rare, out-of-production, model Epiphone, both of which pair it with a Fender SC XD! What are the odds of that?

Obviously, sir, I likes the cut o' yer jib. :thumb:
Exactly why I posted this.

You still have the SCXD ? If you have a chance, try it through an external cab with more cardboard conical surface than the XD's 10". It is another ball game.

Brian Krashpad

Reaction score
Exactly why I posted this.

You still have the SCXD ? If you have a chance, try it through an external cab with more cardboard conical surface than the XD's 10". It is another ball game.
Oh, yes, still have, that li'l thang is my go-to for small-amp/low volume applications. It was my amp for a church gig I had for several years ('til we all got fired, haha!), for which I usually used the onboard ten as my stage monitor, and lined the signal out to PA. In other sitches I have used the SC XD line-out to a second more powerful 1x10 or 1x12 combo (and in one outdoor concert, to a vintage 60W Sunn 200S with its own 2x12, haha!). But I don't recall having disconnected the onboard ten and gone straight to a bigger cab. I'll have to try it, thanks!

Latest Threads